{13}

CHAPTER 13- EARS AND QUESTIONS

                                                             NOAH'S P.O.V  

I tapped Emma’s arm to get her attention and pointed towards the salt, my mum never puts salt on the eggs while she’s cooking it so I have to put it every time we’re having breakfast.

Just as I got the salt in my hands, I dropped it to the floor and covered my ears and widening my eyes. The pain. It was excruciating. I saw my parents, Emma and Julie all standing up looking panicked. They were speaking but I couldn’t hear them, only a slight buzzing sound then I heard something. A fragment of a voice, it was getting cut every few seconds.

My mum and dad quickly got hold of my arms, made me stand up and we all rushed to the car. And that’s how I ended up in the Emergency room, getting examined by doctors. After they gave me painkillers, my mum came in.

Hey, how are you honey?

Better, where’s the others? I asked.

Dad’s buying coffee and your sisters went to school.

Oh, what did the doctors say?

They said that its better if you stay in the hospital until they find what’s wrong with your ears.

Mum, I have to tell you something. I didn’t tell the doctors and I probably should have.

What is it honey? My mum looked worried now.

At home, before we rushed out, I heard buzzing in my ears and fragments of voices I think. After I said that, my mum widened her eyes.

Oh Noah… She trailed off then came over hugging me so hard I thought my bones would get crushed. When she pulled back, she had tears in her eyes.

You rest and I’ll go tell the doctors okay? She asked and I nodded.

I lay down and thought of the possibilities of me ever being able to hear. Would it be possible at all? The doctors had told me that it would be a miracle if something like that happened.

Just as I was about to drift off to sleep, Flora came running into the room. She looked breathless, like she ran here all the way from home. I immediately sat back up, all the sleep vanishing when I saw her. She came next to me, not even bothering to get a chair.

She cupped my cheek and stroked it with her thumb for a few seconds and then pulled her hand away and the questions started.

Are you okay? What happened? Is it your ear? Emma said that they took you to the emergency and mentioned your ear but I was already running to my car.

Relax okay? I’m fine. I feel better, especially that you’re here now. I slightly smirked knowing that I could always make her blush. She lightly hit my arm with the back of her hand.

Stop it. You’re in the hospital and it could be something very serious. She scolded me, trying to look stern but I could see the start of a smile forming.  I moved over a little in the bed to make her space and patted the spot next to me and she lay down. I wrapped an arm around her shoulder and she snuggled in to my chest and it felt like the right moment to finally ask it. I know that we were in a hospital but I tried to find a right moment to ask it but haven’t had found one. It felt just right like this, us cuddling. I pulled back causing her to give me a curious look as to why I had pulled back.

I have to ask you a question. I said and her eyes widened. Did she know what I was going to ask?

Yes? She asked, waiting for my question. To say I was nervous was an understatement.

I have been trying to fine the right moment to ask and I know that we’re in a hospital room and on a bed but to me it feels right. I said.

So, my question is that will you be my girlfriend? She replied the second I asked the question.

YES! She was beaming and wrapped her arms around my neck causing me to loose balance and fall back on the bed and wrap my arms around her waist.

She was literally laying on top of me while I was under her. I looked up over Flora’s right shoulder and saw her mum entering the room in her nurse uniform. Oh shit, she’s working today? She widened her eyes when she saw us in the position we were. Oh God. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY! I WROTE THIS CHAPTER IN NOAH'S P.O.V. IT FEELS LIKE I HAVEN'T DONE THAT IN A VERY LONG TIME. VOTE OR COMMENT ON WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE STORY AND GIVE MY OTHER STORY LOST AND FOUND A READ PERHAPS?:D A GIF OF NOAH TO THE SIDE--->>>  WHAT DO YOU THINK IS WRONG WITH NOAH?????

THE LINK TO LOST AND FOUND-> http://www.wattpad.com/story/24700133-lost-and-found