Man on the Moon Pt.4

Start from the beginning

(Y/n) looked at the sleeping Five.

"He got away last second. Teleported." She explained the lie. "Ugh, what a pain. Just come back and we'll discuss your progress." "Yes Miss Lana." The party was already starting to get smaller in number of people so (Y/n) got to casually walk out of the library, leaving Five behind.

Luther and Diego entered the library when the last person standing in the party left so the librarians were extremely relieved but they did one last sweep around the perimeter to make sure everyone was out. What the women found made some of them laugh. "Where are his parents?" One woman demanded while another walked away with a shaking head of disapproval, "I'm gonna call security."

Luther and Diego approached and saw the snoring Five against the wall. "Is he, um?" Luther said, worried. Diego only scoffed as if saying 'I'm so proud of him'. "Drunk as a skunk."

~

(Y/n) opened the doors to the large building she called home. She made it to the white living room that oddly looked gorgeous as the nighttime sky from outside glowed from the huge windows. Her nervousness picked up when she saw that perfect figure on the white couch. Lana Griz. "Welcome back, sweetface." She said as she took a small sip from her red wine. (Y/n) gulped but walked up to her 'savior', stopping when she reached the spot in front of her.

"Hi Lana." Lana motioned her hand down and (Y/n) got the message so she sat down on the plush chair in front of Lana, still facing her who smirked as she leaned in closer. "How is it feeling?" "What?" (Y/n) decided to play dumb to possibly avoid the question she knew Lana was going to ask. But unfortunately, nothing stopped Lana Griz. "The pain and disappointment of failing your mission. Does the despair feel amazing like I said?" She said with a menacing, bone chilling tone of voice.

(Y/n) gulped and stared at the floor, wishing she could disappear due to Lana's intense stare waiting for an answer. "Lana, it's not feeling good. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I feel awful for failing you but this feeling isn't making me long for more of this feeling. You always said failing made you feel great but I'm not feeling good at all." Lana leaned back and listened to her prized pupil.

(Y/n) finally gathered the guts to look up at her idol with a frown. "It isn't that I'm ungrateful for everything you've done for me. Sending me on incredible adventures, teaching me valuable lessons on life that some people are too scared to hear, giving me multiple opportunities to feel despair. But no matter what I go through, I still don't know what role I'm meant to play in the Facility. I know exactly what my role is on the planet, to be the perfect weapon and spread destruction to the world even if it costs me my life, but I don't know what I'm exactly meant to do in the Facility."

(Y/n) held a tight grip on her wrist to make sure she kept going with what she always wanted to say. "I always tell myself to keep going forward because each step gets me closer to the future but I don't know how to travel to a future that I can't see. Lana, I wanna have a purpose and make an impact on our history. But... I don't know how." (Y/n) felt the lump in her throat grow bigger with the pit in her stomach as soon as Lana began to speak, fearing the worst.

Lana stood up and sat on the cushioned chair next to an anxiety filled (Y/n), crossing her model perfect leg over her other. "I'm sorry to say this, hun, but I don't know what your destiny is or when it will take place. But I promise that each choice you make will make your purpose clearer. But isn't it better not knowing where you'll end up? I know patience is never easy, I understand you want more. But always remember that you stand by my side for a reason. You're not like the other kids. You're gifted and a prodigy. The only reason that you still breathe is because you belong here. Your time is coming soon, just like everyone else's. You are the top assassin of the century in the Facility, you'll play your part. You just haven't unlocked your potential in chaos yet. I felt awful many times before the true despair in me awoken. It just takes a certain event to make you see how amazing despair is. For me it was being born because I thought I was a useless human being. But that depression made my eyes open to how incredible emotional, mental and physical pain is. But not everyone's despair was unlocked quickly like mine. Take my stupid sister Gwen for example. She went through lots of trauma but none of that sent her spiraling into despair and feeling the satisfaction it brings. Her breaking point was finally when she killed an innocent infant. Everyone in the high council of the Facility unlocked their despair at different times. Some slower than others. You may be living a hopeless, boring life but soon will come the day it all turns around and gets whipped into the depths of despair."