Here On Earth (With You)

He lands in Pontiac.

"Well, things have come full circle, at least." He mutters to himself, pulling out the cell phone Dean gave him.

He dials Dean's number, which he has memorized (that's the only thing he knows how to do on a phone), and smiles slightly when Dean picks up with a gruff "Hey, Cas."

"Hello Dean. It worked. The gates of Heaven are closed." He states.

"So how are you calling me? You put up cell phone towers in Heaven?" Dean asks.

Cas looks guilty, not that Dean can see it.

"I, um... I'm not in Heaven, Dean."

"Then where? Did those sons of bitches cast you into purgatory? Hell? I hear that place has great reception."

"I do not know if that is true about Hell, but no. I'm not in Hell or Purgatory. I'm on earth, Dean. In Pontiac, ironically."

"What?" Cas can hear the shock, fear and worry in Dean's voice.

"Did those dickbags cut out your grace?"

"No, Dean." Cas says calmly. "I cut it out myself."

"Why'd you do that? Those asshats do something to you?" Dean is sounding angrier with each syllable, almost indignant.

"No. I promised you, Dean, that I would come back. After all the promises to you I broke, I had to at least do this."

"Oh, Cas, what did you do? I wouldn't have liked it if you didn't come back, but I would've understood if you had stayed in Heaven." The tremor in his voice betrays his lie.

"Dean, we both know that's a lie. I couldn't do that to you again, or to myself." Cas' voice shakes a little, is that a human thing?

"Cas, you said you're in Pontiac? Hold on, I'm coming. I'll be there in an hour." Cas can hear him telling Sam to get in the car and the engines rev up to a very fast-sounding growl.

"Okay, Dean."

"Meet me in the Biggerson's." Dean demands.

"Okay, Dean. See you then."