Together Now

The Impala parks in front of the Biggerson's. Slamming the car door shut, Dean nearly runs into the establishment.

Spotting the trench coat, Dean approaches Cas and gives him a big hug.

"You idiot, Cas. You could've enjoyed Heaven and forgotten all this crap." Dean murmurs into Cas' ear.

"I wouldn't have enjoyed it. It's pretty empty for me." Cas argues, breathing in Dean's motor-oil, leather, and pie scent. He tries to engrave the scent into his brain.

"Earth is where you are, Dean. And Sam is my friend, of course." Cas pulls away.

"Cas, just because I'm in your charge or whatever, that doesn't mean you have to stand guard over me 24/7. You should live your life." Dean reprimands.

Cas carefully looks up at Dean, looking him in the eyes.

"Dean, I'd much rather be here. I know who my real friends are. And I promised you I'd come back, so I did. You're family, Dean, more so than my brothers and sisters ever were. Dean, I- I need to tell you something."

Dean glances at him, evidently worried by his tone.

"Sure, Cas, what is it?"

"I think-" he swallows, throat suddenly dry. "I am fairly certain that I am in love with you."

Blank shock shows on Dean's face.

"I don't know, I mean, I'm unfamiliar with the feeling, but I'm pretty sure that's what this is. I read lots of books on the subject, did lots of research-"

Cas' rambling is cut off by Dean's lips pressed against his. Cas looks at Dean surprisedly, as if thinking, "He's kissing me?" Then, slowly, he closes his eyes and leans into the kiss.

When they break apart, Cas asks, "You- you love me too?"

Dean laughs. "Yeah, Cas. I love you too."

Cas feels a rush of happiness in the pit of his stomach.