Chapter fifteen - Roses, Twins, and...Science?!'

Start from the beginning

"That wouldn't be a bad hobby," laughed Asuka. "It's entertaining to observe. Besides, that's an impressive jump..." She paused to observe the distance that seperated the two. "You should be a high, or long, jumper for your class."

"I'll consider that when sports day rolls around, if I'm still around when it does, that is," he grumbled in response while approaching Asuka. "So, care to repeat your question? I didn't quite get it."

"Just wondering, how's onee-chan?" repeated Asuka. "She sounded frustrated."

"Did you eavesdrop?"

"Not really," answered Asuka. "More like walking by and over hearingthe conversation."

"Were we that loud?"

"You wouldn't believe if I told you the truth," said Asuka, playfully rolling her eyes. "Now, my question."

"You ain't wrong in the part when you said she was frustrated," admitted Y/N. "Apparently she isn't very smart when it comes to academic stuff."

"No jest," agreed Asuka. "You know, her teachers call her 'a star, when outside of the classroom'."

"They aren't wrong with that title," remarked Y/N. "In fact, that might just be how I address her next time."

"Next time? Are you leaving?"

Y/N nodded slightly. "Absolutely, I need a break and fresh air."

"Oh, I see, do you know the way out?"

"I would prefer if you guided me," answered Y/N, gesturing for her to lead the way.

"With pleasure," replied Asuka, before stepping down the stairs. "Come on, but try to be quiet, mother's sleeping."

"I can do that," he muttered, before following her down.

Timeskip- To the door

"Alright, I guess, I'll see you when I see you," said Y/N, once outside.

"Wait! Before you go, have we met before?" asked Asuka eagerly.

"Why?"

She shrugged lazily. "You look oddly familar, I just can't remember where I've seen your face..."

Y/N decided to risk his identity for potential obscurity. "You were thinking of Y/N L/N, weren't you?"

"Yes, actually," replied Auska thinking it over. "How did you know?"

"I get mistaken for him quite a bit," he answered. 

"I can see why, you share a lot of similarities with him," said Asuka. "Are you-"

"Related to him?" finished Y/N, Asuka nodded. "Not at all, by the way we classify relation, anyways. My lastname is Legalmen, derived from both my parents, yes they were cousins, none of my relatives have the L/N last name either."

"Your parents are cousins?" questioned Asuka softly, as if she was uttering something forbidden.

Y/N silently damned himself. It became clear to him early on that the best lies always had a grain of truth, he had attempted to fullfill that principle with the (embarrassing) fact about his parents in hopes that the lie would sound more belivable. However, it seemed to have worked in reverse. It was time to get out before more suspicion was formulated. "Ah, I have to go."