4 - Anger Issues

~ Niklaus' P.O.V ~

I was sat at the bar in the Grill when I began going over last nights events in my head. From the first moment I saw Jade appear at my door to the last when I heard her cry. How dare Damon Salvatore lay his hands on my girl and get away with it. I hated the sound of her crying and hated even more that I could do nothing to comfort her because: one, I hadn't been invited in and two, she would think it odd that I had heard her crying from across the street. I should probably pay her a visit and make sure she's alright.

I caught the familiar Salvatore stench wafting in from outdoors along with a hint of doppelgänger. They waltzed in through the door as if nothing was wrong. How dare they. Ripping off their heads was extremely tempting. They hadn't spotted me, and took a seat at the back of the room.

"What do you think happened to Jade after she left last night? Do you think Klaus used her as a blood bag?" Damon was particularly aggravating me.

"No idea. To be honest that was a total overreaction on her part, we were only trying to keep her away from Klaus. Damon did what he had to do. She's probably just doing it for attention." Elena was sounding awfully protective of Damon which would explain Stefan's silence.

I was about to decapitate them when the door opened, revealing Jade. She didn't have the glow about her that I loved. No mistaking who caused that.

"Speak of the devil..." Damon murmured.

~ Jade's P.O.V ~

I awoke feeling depressed from the night before. What made it worse was the fact that I was really enjoying myself.

I decided to get ready and go down to the Grill to see if they had a job going. Don't get me wrong, I had plenty of money but I had nothing to do during the day.

I washed dressed and tried to conceal the bruise on my arm with foundation and concealer but it was now a horrendous mix of blue, black and purple. Damon had almost broken my arm with next to no effort whatsoever. Idiot. Thank god that Nick was there, if he wasn't my arm probably would be broken by now. That or I might not have made it home. I wondered why he was being so nice to me.

After eating lunch I unenthusiastically got in my car and drove to the Grill.

As I walked through the door, I immediately caught sight of the very person who I wanted to see. Nick spotted me and gave me a smile, showing his dimples. I was about to walk over to him when I saw Damon, Stefan and Elena approaching. Anger boiled inside of me and I had to clench my fists and bite my tongue to avoid saying something I would regret.

"How's your arm?" Elena said sarcastically. What the hell had I done to her? Last night she tried to stop me from seeing Nick, she watched Damon hurt me, stood there and said nothing when I was crying and now this? That's it.

I punched her in the nose. Before my fist had even left her face, Stefan had grabbed her and was leading her out of the door. Damon turned around and looked as if he was about to kill me. Before he had the chance to lay a finger on me, Nick grabbed him by the collar of his jacket and pinned him against the wall.

"Lay a finger on her and I will rip your head off!" Nick shouted at Damon. Damon looked genuinely scared as he was dropped to the floor. He stood up and fixed his jacket before walking up to me.

"Never hurt Elena again, or I will make sure you and your little boyfriend over here suffer for it." He then walked out the door after his precious Elena.

"Are you alright, love?" Nick asked as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine now. Thanks for saving me yet again." I gave him a small smile however I was still furious.

"Come sit with me, I'll buy you a drink?" He smirked. I couldn't help but flash a genuine smile at him then. Something alcoholic was exactly what I needed right now. Screw finding a job.

After Nick ordered our drinks, we sat down at a table.

"That was quite a display there, love. I didn't have you down as the fighting type." He gave me another one of his signature smirks.

"I'm never usually like that, I just get angry and lash out from time to time. Sometimes over nothing. Elena just tipped me over the edge. I'm probably going to get myself in serious trouble for it someday, I probably would've got killed by Damon if you hadn't have come along!" I took a large swig of my drink.

"As a thank you for saving you on so many occasions, how about you accompany me on a date tonight?" I almost spat out my drink. This gorgeous guy in front of me was asking me out on a date. Me!

"O-okay." I choked out. He chuckled as he stood up and pulled out a piece of paper, handing it to me.

"Text me your number and I'll pick you up. Shall we say...6:30 tonight?" He raised his eyebrows as he awaited an answer.

"Okay, I'll text you." I smiled as I picked up the piece of paper.

"Great. I have to go but I'll see you later, sweetheart." He smirked before walking out the door. The butterflies in my stomach were going crazy.

I left the Grill and drove home, my hands shaking as they gripped the steering wheel.

As soon as I got inside my house I whipped out my phone and sent a text to Nick:

Hey, it's Jade. I guess I'll see you later. x

My heart was pounding in my chest. In a short few hours I was going to be on a date with Niklaus Mikaelson.