Wedding Planning

After the party, Hugo brought his bride-to-be to his home in Albuquerque. The very next morning, the happiness just won't stop.

"My baby brother is getting married!" Axel exclaimed happily.

"I can't believe you said yes, Sofia," Amber muttered.

"You know how much I love Hugo, and I just had to say yes," said Sofia. "It seems like just yesterday, we won the Flying Crown and were finally getting along and becoming friends."

"How time flies," said Hugo. "You know, baby? This must be a magical moment for both of us."

"It's not every day we get engaged, honey," Sofia said.

"Sofia, I understand you're happy that you're getting married, but I really don't think Lord Hugo is the perfect groom for you," Amber declared. "You belong in Enchancia. Everything would be different without you."

Sofia's feathers were getting a little ruffled; she could tell that Amber wasn't really happy for her. 

"So glad my getting married and being a duchess are bad for you and James, Amber," Sofia said sarcastically.

"Alright, we get you, Miss Missy," stated Axel with a chuckle. "But you know? We're thinking about you too. As a big brother to your groom, we're gonna help you plan your wedding."

Amber was surprised at her husband.

Before the quartet knew it, Hugo and Axel's parents came in.

"Speaking of wedding planning, Roland and Miranda will be coming this afternoon to help us plan the wedding," said their mother.

Sofia and Hugo were really excited—they really couldn't wait to start planning their wedding.

That afternoon, James, Roland, and Miranda came to Albuquerque to plan Sofia and Hugo's wedding. James and Amber weren't very happy for their little sister.

"Sofia, are you sure you want to get married?" James asked.

"Yes, why not?" Sofia asked.

"Oh, Sofia, you can't get married, and you mustn't," said Amber. "You're not ready for this."

"There's no need to worry," said Hugo. "We're planning to keep the wedding simple with nothing too fancy."

Pretending to be shocked, Roland jokingly asked, "Oh, I was able to give Amber a fancy wedding, but you think I can't do the same for my little Sofia?"

Sofia and Hugo were a little shocked.

"That's not what I mean, Your Majesty," said Hugo calmly. "You know Sofia; she loves simpler occasions."

Roland smiled and said, "Look, my dear prince. First of all, you're going to be my son-in-law, so call me 'Roland'. Second, when it comes to my little princess's happiness, cost is no object."

Taking Sofia's hands, he said that they needed to the wedding right with a white dress, invitations, a fancy bouquet, personalized matchbooks...

"Whoa, Roland, let's not go overboard," said Axel. "Maybe I should pitch in; I already promised Hugo I'd help plan the wedding."

"Very well, Axel," said Roland. "But I insist on hosting a bachelor banquet for Hugo." Sofia and Hugo were surprised.

"Oh, Rollie! You're so sweet!" Miranda exclaimed. "Should we get started on planning the wedding?"

"Where should we start?" asked Hugo's mother.

"Let's work up the theme," said Axel. "You know, theme is everything. How about A Dream Come True?"

Sofia and Hugo really like that idea. "How about the color scheme?" asked Hugo and Axel's father, King Garrick.

"Pink would make a great color scheme," said Amber.

"I don't think so, Amber," giggled Sofia.

"The color scheme should be light blue," said Axel. "You know? Blue is the new white, girl. Why do you think the bride always needs something blue?"

Sofia and Hugo started giggling.

"It looks like Sofia already has something blue: her eyes!" Hugo joked.

Sofia thought it was really funny.

"What about the venue?" asked Roland.

"We can have the wedding here in the palace or in Hugo's new home," said Axel. "What do you think?" he asked the bride and groom.

"I don't know," said Hugo.

"Well, I've never seen Hugo's new home," said Sofia.

"I'll take you to my new palace in the big capital tomorrow, and then we'll set the wedding date," said Hugo.

"Okay," said Sofia.

The next day, Hugo brought Sofia to where they would live when they get married.

"Hugo, this is beautiful," said Sofia.

"Do you want to see the rose garden?" asked Hugo.

"Sure," said Sofia.

Hugo took Sofia to the rose garden, and was absolutely breathtaking.

"It's so beautiful," said Sofia.

"Maybe we can have the wedding here," said Hugo.

"Alright," said Sofia. She and Hugo had the perfect wedding venue, and now they needed to set the wedding date.

Later that day, the royal families were thinking of a date for the wedding.

"How about December 14th?" asked Amber. "It would be nice to have a winter wedding."

"That would be nice, but we're having an outdoor wedding," Hugo pointed out. "And the winter is too cold to have a wedding outdoors."

"How about a summer wedding on July 10th?" asked James.

"A little too hot," said Sofia.

"How about a lovely spring wedding in April?" suggested Hugo's mother.

"I love spring," said Sofia.

"As do I," said Hugo. "What if the wedding were on April 26th?"

"Okay, April 26th it is," said Sofia.

 Now that the bride and groom had the date of their wedding, there was one thing to do before they could continue planning the wedding.