Chapter 02.

As Liz pulls in to the driveway of her house in stuck next to Ashton in the back of her Van. As I scroll through Instagram, I laugh loudly when I see something stupid.

"I swear to god Serenity, if you don't stop laughing at your phone in going to throw it out this window!" Ashton scolds.

" what's your problem?" I ask. Ashton rolls his eyes and gets out of the Van slamming the door behind him. I realized Liz is already on her way inside and Luke is at my window.

He smiles cheekily then blows up his cheeks with a pouty lip making me laugh. I open the door. "You're a dork." I say and poke his blown up cheek.

"I am a dork. And I am proud." He says cheekily. I exit the van and he closes the door for me. Ashton is waiting besides the door with his arms crossed and a disgusted Look on his face. Why is he always so pissed off?

"Are you guys done?" Ashton asks rudely. I roll my eyes. Luke has a sudden look of panic on his face.

"We're not dating Ash." Luke says sternly. I nod my head. The thought of dating Luke is terrifying honestly. He's my best friend and like a brother to me. Nothing more.

As Ashton and I walk up to Luke's room while he gets the drink I feel like I'm being interrogated just by his stares at me.

"Can I help you?" I ask while sitting on Luke's bed.

"No I'm good. Thanks for asking." He replies sarcastically. I roll my eyes and reach for Luke's laptop. I log into his Netflix and search all the disney movies. Luckily, Netflix has been updated and we can now watch Brave, one of my favorites. I get comfortable up against the wall on Luke's bed while still sitting up and Ashton decides he's gonna sit next to me. Lovely.

His cologne is strong but I can't help but say it smells heavenly. Not a word is exchanged between the two of us. Until Luke comes up with a big bottle of soda, jar of Nutella, spoons, and I think some type of candy.

"We're watching Brave." Is all I say and he nods. He sits on the other side of me and passes a spoon to Ash and a spoon to me.

"Allie I got you Nutella but you have to share." Luke says jokingly I nod.

"Holy shit is your name Serenity, Allie or Siren. I'm so confused." Ash says while putting his hands over his head. Damn this kid is dramatic.

" All of the above. My real name is Serenity, but I like when people call me Allie, and Luke calls me Siren." I say.

"Okay then Allie." He says putting an emphasis on my name. He's so weird.

"We're watching Brave now." Luke says. I try to stifle my giggle.

Since I'm in the middle the laptop goes on my lap. So therefore, my thighs are on fire and we're not even an hour in. This "marathon" is gonna be a one movie event because I can't take much more of this.

I look over to my left and see a snoring laugh. I can't help but smile.

"This movie is stupid" Ashton says and crosses his arms.

"No it's not." I say.

"Your a girl of course you love disney."

"Luke loves disney."

"And Luke is a diva."

"Why are you so annoying?"

"I'm not annoying."

"Then what are you."

"Challenging." He answered matter of factly with a smile on his face.

"I'll be right back." I say as I put the laptop on his legs. It's about 2:00 in the morning luckily. And Luke has a balcony off his room. I step outside it and look over the edge.

The view is beautiful. You can see my house a couple streets over. As I look over the quiet neighborhood I realize the balcony door opens behind me.

I turn around and see Ashton. He took the bandana out of his hair. He closes the door and props up his arms like the balcony is holding his weight. With the full moon out I have to say he looks angelic.

"What's your problem?" He asks. I look up at him and make direct eye contact. The first time I realized his eyes were hazel.

"Nothing." I lie. I have to say I probably am kinda acting mopey and sad because well just a lot has happened. He turns to face me. He towers over me being Im 5 foot 5 inches and he's 6 foot about.

"You're lying." He says. A bust of wind starts to pick up. The fallen leaves on the balcony lightly tumbling. There in this really pretty state like right before they turn colors.

"You don't even know me. And I'm not lying." I say. Who does he think he is?

"Oh but I do. You act tough for people so that way they can't hurt you. But your only hurting yourself in the end Allie. I see right through you." He says and looks into my eyes with intensity. He's so mysterious, I don't get it.

"You don't know anything about me. All because you might be like that dosnt mean I am." I say defensively. I run my fingers through my hair contemplating what he is gonna say next.

The only thing is he is right. I know I act tough so that way people can't hurt me. I do hurt myself emotionally and physically. But we're not going to talk about that.

As the realization comes to me that he is right. I notice a tear fall from my eye. Ashton catches with his thumb and his palm rests on my cheek.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you cry." He says sounding sincere. His hand moves from my cheek to my back as he pushes me towards him into a hug. I can't help but cry into his shirt.

Why am I acting this way? Why is he acting this way? He was a total dick not too long ago. As I pull apart he leans in and plants a quick, soft kiss on my lips. I don't even kiss him back.

"This never happened." He says. His arms unfold around me and we both turn to face the door back to Luke's room. To our surprise Luke is standing there.

"What Never Happened?" Luke asks.

-------------------------------------

So this is a rather confusing chapter in my opinion. For those of you who don't know I kinda want Ashton to be like a punk Ashton attitude wise but still look the same he does everyday. So he's one of those guys that in public is a jerk but alone with him he's rather sweet. Well kinda. So sorry I didn't update for 2 days. so I hope this is longer. (The picture is the faces Luke makes outside of Serenity's window when she's in the van.) okay thanks for reading! --Shelby.