Chapter 9: Passion (情熱)

Start from the beginning

Fast...

"Knock it off!" Tanjiro then punches the guy in the gut, which to the point you could hear ribs cracked. You looked astonished.

You thought to yourself that, that was something you were going to do too, but if Tanjiro broke some of his bones, you couldn't imagine how much you would've had him take damage punching him.

"He broke his bones!" Zenistu said.

"Aren't you a member of the demon slayer corps? Don't you get why Zenistu refuses to draw his sword? It's taboo for us to draw our swords on each other for no reason! But here you are, giving him a one-sided beatdown! Is that fun for you? You're the lowest of the low!"

The pig headed man in the ground started coughing.
"Oh, so that's why? My bad. In that case, let's fight barehanded" he said.

"No! I don't think you get it at all! First..." the guy didn't listen to Tanjiro as he went straight for Tanjiro.

"We're not suppose to fight each other, period! (Y/n), do something!" Tanjiro said.
You thought for a moment then answered.
"While unsheathing a sword on others serves deep punishment, combat fighting isn't really much of a big deal. So I say fight your own battles" you said.

"Eh!"
Soon the pig headed guy man started to throw kicks and punches.
"But fighting barehanded doesn't make it all right!"

While Tanjiro was dealing with other problems, you came up to Zenistu and Shoichi.
"Are you all right?" You said.
"Goddess..."
"All right, calm down it's just minor bruises" you pulled out an ointment from haori.

"Goddess, you're too kind" Zenistu says.
You narrowed your eyes a bit.
"...no...I wouldn't say that..."

You always keep certain ointments handy on your missions. You wiped the blood off of Zenistu's face and put ointment on his bruised eye.

You watched Tanjiro closely while putting the medicine on.

Tanjiro broke this guy's ribs, and he's still willing to fight. That's not a fighting spirit, that's recklessness. Just what is he in aiming for?

Tanjiro started to fight back, but was still getting beat up.
"Actually, isn't Tanjiro running afoul of the taboo himself? He did break his bones" Zenistu asks.
"As long as those two don't kill each other. I'd allow it" you said.

You continued to watch the two carefully on their brawl. You need to make sure nothing bad gets too far.

But one thing you did discover is that, the pig man's moves was extremely low.

The pig man started to laugh.
"Pretty amazing, aren't I? Pretty amazing, aren't I? And look what else I can do!"

He started bending his upper body over his legs.

He's very flexible.

"Cut it out! Don't do stuff like that when you've got busted bones! It's gonna get worse!" Tanjiro said.
"Worse? Fine by me! Nothing can top the pleasure of this moment!"
"You need to think hard about the future!"

"What do I care?"
The guy was trying to punch Tanjiro, but Tanjiro caught on to him and grabbed his shoulders.
"You need to...calm down!" Tanjiro then head butted the pig man's head pretty hard.

"Ah! That sound! Are your skulls fractured?" Zenistu said.

Once the pig man stopped for a moment, his boar hid fell. The mysterious guy had a nice looking face.