Courting

"Tony," Loki addressed me, as he strolled into my lab. I looked up to see him holding something behind his back. "I got you something." He set a pencil holder on my desk. Each place you could put a pencil had a flower in it. My favorite flowers that I'd only ever told one person about. Ever. And that was Percy. 

I smiled to myself. Was Loki courting me for him? If he wasn't, then okay. I'd still accept the gift, but I had my suspicions. 

"Thank you, Loki. This is a very thoughtful gift. I'll definitely use it." He smiled, probably thinking of Percy. He nodded and said goodbye. I watched him leave before looking at the pencil holder, smiling. 

I grabbed a vase and put the flowers in some water. Then, I set the pencil holder in a specific place on my desk, putting some pencils and pens in there. I found myself using it quite a lot. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next time Loki visited me, I was working in my lab again. He walked over and watched for a moment. Then, he set a cup of coffee on the desk, right where the empty one was. 

"Will this help?" he asked. I smiled. 

"Yeah. Thanks." I took a sip of the coffee and I was in pure bliss. It tasted so good. He chuckled. 

"Don't drink it all now," he said, almost sounding fond. "Though, Percy can make more, if you want it." 

"Uh, duh. This is the best coffee I've ever tasted." 

"I'm glad you like it." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loki and I were sitting on the couch, talking about nothing and everything. As we were talking, Percy came down. He started to walk over, but froze when Loki growled. 

It became silent in the room. Percy was staring at Loki, I was staring at Percy, and I'm pretty sure Loki was staring at Percy, too. 

"Percy-" Loki started, voice regretful. Percy just turned and left the room. That was not what I was expecting. I looked at Loki. We needed to make things right.