chapter one- alpha's mate

With a quick start to Cole's day, he found himself up at four in the morning. Word of the nearby alpha's son turning of age spread quickly, Cole hearing about it by 4:30 this morning. Really it sparked no interest in him, only really paying attention to the pack that day when his phone began ringing.

With a quick movement his pen was set down and phone was in hand "alpha young speaking, who is this?" He stated, voice and tone ever-so professional and oh so bored. He waited for a few seconds, listening to shuffling of papers.

Finally after a long pause and a extremely irritating wait a masculine voice replied "this is alpha black, recently we've spotted more and more rogues and my small lot of warriors isn't covering it. I need...your help." You could hear the gag hidden behind his words. The alpha to the small pack hated asking for help. Especially from such a large pack such as the moon creek pack.

"Of course, we can meet to discuss it." He stated, bored blue eyes staring blankly at the bare white wall, wondering if he'd find his mate. He had a slight stubble to pair with his black hair, his hair falling into a perfect mess.

"Perfect. As you know my son will be challenging for the title today and I don't expect him to accomplish so you will have to put up with me for a lot longer." He stated all too sweetly and suddenly Cole couldn't stand the sound of Jacob black even breathing.

Taking an even breath he smiled at nothing in particular "alright. Goodbye." He said all too sickly sweet before slamming the small box phone down onto the table, the sharp cracking sound picked up only by the his delicate ears.

His blood was boiling but he refused to take it out on his pack so when a knock sounded he gave a quick 'come in' before a small boy, about 15 came into the room. He instantly recognized it as one of the omegas, clyde. "W-Would you like anything, sir?" Came the boy's skittish voice and for mere seconds all of Cole's anger drained from his body.

"No. But please inform Felix I'll be out on a run, he is to report anything suspicious to me immediately." The boy gave a nod, rushing out to go tell his beta the valuable information. Taking yet another deep breath, Cole headed down the stairs and out the back door.

There were kids and adults running around the yard, some of the teens and adults shifted into their wolves but no fights to split up. Glad that luck was on Cole's side, he quickly stripped and shifted. Giving a quick shake of his peppered grey pelt, he runs off. The faintest smell of blood hits his nostril and unlike most it angers him.

Instead of checking it out, he brushes it off as simply himself being especially angered today. Of course that's all proven wrong when he's wiped out by someone slamming into his legs, the naked boy smelling way too edible to be just any naked boy.

The smell of the mysterious boy's blood angers him beyond belief and right then he hears his wolf screaming in his head. Mate. Is all he registers, scooping up the bloody boy and huddling him close to shield his frail body from the cold, the same cold that's nipping at Cole's bare ass.

The boy's face is covered in blood, already healing bite marks covering his body. His gut seemed to be massively clawed up so just to stay safe he decided to contact the doctor.

>doctor pride!< he shouts through the link, of course all the other pack members only able to hear if Cole allows it. He waits a few moments before finally he gets a reply.