A Friendly Game Of Spin The Bottle

The days seemed to flutter past you and eventually it was December and everyone was getting prepared for the Yule Ball.

You had grown a lot closer to everyone in the tutor sessions; Neville was one of your good friends and Harry managed to get even closer.

But Draco... you could now say hi to him in the halls without him sneering at you. But that was really it.

As you packed up your bag, you noticed that Neville seemed to be having an inner battle with himself over something.

"Are you alright, Neville?"

"Yes, yes I'm fine."

You were about to go back to packing your bag when Neville spoke again.

"No, no I'm not fine. Y/N, can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

The inner battle seemed to continue.

"Uh, when is our next tutor session?"

Something told you that he had lost the battle; you really needed to teach him confidence.

"After the holidays."

"Oh, ok, cool."

Neville then left the classroom, muttering something like 'I should of just asked her'.

That was your last tutor session, and you went out to the courtyard.

"I'm so bored." You said as you laid down next to Fred.

"I think everyone here is bored."

You looked around and it did seem in fact that everyone was extremely bored around you; mostly people in your year.

"Hey! I have an idea!" Said a kid from your year to his friend. "Let's teach these purebloods a muggle game."

"Spin the bottle!" Said his friend.

They were talking so loud that they had caught all of the sixth years attention.

"What do you do, just spin a bottle? Sounds boring." You said, sitting up with slight interest.

"Cmon. Everyone sit in a circle."

You took a glance at the twins, who shrugged.

What's the worst that can happen?

Around ten sixth years (your year) went to sit in a circle, including you and the twins.

"Good, so it kinda works like this." He placed a bottle in the center of the circle.

"Someone spins the bottle, and whoever they land on, they have to kiss."

Suddenly, adrenaline rushed through your veins. This was going to be fun. You quickly scanned the circle; and found that Cedric and Cho had sat in it.

Maybe you could finally kiss your crush.

"So," Said the boy, sitting in the circle. "Who wants to start?"

No one really wanted to start, so the boy sighed and spun the bottle.

Everyone watched in anticipation of who it would land on as the bottle spun round and round and round.

Then it slowed to a stop, and landed on Cho.

Nervously giggling, Cho stood up and made her way to the center of the circle towards the boy.
They both nodded at each other, as if for confirmation, and then they kissed.

The circle erupted in cheers and the twins started to wolf whistle.

I really wish I knew how to wolf whistle.

"Ok, it's my turn." Said George who was sitting beside the boy.

He spun the bottle and once again you found yourself eager to see who it would land on.
It started to slow down, and Angelina, your Quidditch bud, stood up.

"Don't take this too seriously, George," She said as she approached him in the center of the circle. "After all, it's just a—"

She was cut off by George's lips pressing against her own. This time, it was not a simple peck. This time, they were making out.

You started to cheer with the rest of the circle, and once Fred started to wolf whistle they came back to reality and pulled away sheepishly.

"Oh shit, it's my turn." You spun the bottle.

Around and around and around it went, and you found yourself not knowing who you wanted it to land on.

Finally, it slowed down and landed on... Cedric.

Your heart started racing. The Cedric, the boy who you had a crush on since first year. The Cedric, who was making his way towards you.
But all of a sudden, you didn't want to kiss him that much. All of a sudden, you wanted to kiss a pair of familiar lips: Fred.

You shook that thought away as you made your way to Cedric. This was the moment you were dreaming of since first year, dammit, why aren't you as excited as you should be?

You leaned up and placed your lips onto his.

No sparks seemed to fly.

No magical kiss music seemed to play.

It was just you kissing Cedric; nothing less, nothing more.

It wasn't necessarily a peck, but it wasn't a make out session.

This time, the twins did not wolf whistle.

The twins just sat there silently, watching, while the rest of the circle cheered.

What was going on with them?

You and Cedric made your way back to your spots, and now it was Fred's turn.

He didn't say anything as he spun the bottle.

It was quiet as the bottle kept spinning round and round, and you gulped.

It landed on me.

"Can you kiss someone who's already been kissed?" Cho asked.

"Whoever the bottle lands on, you kiss. That's what makes the game so interesting."

Well, he wasn't wrong.

You and Fred stood up and looked at each other.

Unlike last time, it wasn't you who made the first move. It was Fred.

He simply leaned down and kissed you.

You shyly returned it.

It was just a peck.

A slightly longer than normal peck.

When you both pulled away, you just stood there looking at each other.

The circle had cheered.

George had wolf whistled.

You sat back down in between Fred and George.

All you knew was that you weren't going to allow things to be awkward again.