1.

Sitting alone again in biology was normal for Maria Lewis. The sixteen year old junior watched as her classmates chattered excitedly. No one looked back at Maria. The olive skinned girl was use to just watching her classmates enjoy each others company. It has been like this for months now. Ever since she broke up with her ex James Reynolds back at the end of her sophomore year, he has began spreading rumors and ruining Maria's life.

She had lost her former friends and had been thrown into isolation. She is use to it. Use to the names she is called. She is a junior now, she just has two more years to go. She can make it two years then she can leave this town and start fresh at a college. Get away from James, get away from these people, get away from her family. Get away from her life. Just the thought of leaving and never looking back almost made her smile.

She perked her head up as the teacher walked in. A short women with dark skin and short fluffy black hair. Younger looking women to.
She looks tolerable,
Maria thought to herself. Younger teachers generally are more relatable and enjoyable then older teachers. That is the conclusion Maria had come to at least.

The women took a nervous glance around the classroom. Her unusual green gaze looked nervous. She then said, "welcome to biology. I'm sure very few of you are excited, I know I wasn't when I was a teenager. I'm Ms. Wattys."

The rest of the class was like every stereotypical first day of school. The teacher made everyone introduce themselves, talked about how the class will work, all of that jazz. When Maria had to speak about herself other students looked at her with cold, judging eyes, and a mocking expression. When the bell had rang Maria rushed out of the room, a sad smile on her face as she watched her classmates walk by. She missed having friends, missed being able to feel secure. She missed it all. Maria grabbed a peice of crumbled paper from the small pocket of her tight navy blue jeans.

God damn, I need bigger pockets,
Maria looked at what her second period would be. Drama. Maria felt an odd sense of excitement. Drama sounds like it would be fun. If other people don't ruin it for her at least. With a small smile, she rushed through the hallway. Maybe.. just maybe.. she will enjoy drama. Make a friend or two?

That's unlikely, James did his damage.
The thought of the arrogant asshole made Maria feel a burning pit in her stomach. She sighed heavily. He's a senior this year. Hopefully she will never have to see his dumb smirk or hear his voice again after this year. As she neared the auditorium where drama is held, she took a deep breath. Maybe this class will change everything. Maybe this class will be a class she can enjoy. Just maybe...

Authors Note
I finally did it. This is a story I've been wanting to write forever. I love Maria to much for it to be healthy. I'm slowly entering the Hamilton fandom again. Just a warning though, this chapter isn't edited yet though so please excuse and spelling or grammar mistakes. To be honest I might redo this chapter at some point because I'm not exactly proud of it but I'm just posting it before I chicken out. This is giving be bad anxiety,, so, um, to anyone that reads this thanks??