13 : Fortune

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*:.。. .。.:*・*
I stared up at the unknown ceiling , only hearing the sound of two muffled voices. The high pitched , squeaky yet raspy voice of Jamisons was clearly audible. His laugh echoing the rooms as I lifted myself up, the room I was in was a tender purple one. Strange holographics and technology here and there. My head was aching horribly and I could feel the bile creep up, threatening to spill itself out. Abruptly ripping myself out of comfort, I stumbled to the bathroom , which was seemingly basically another room inside of her bedroom. I pushed myself towards the sink, staring at my confused expression in the sink. My eyes had lost its glow , and my tender innocent features looked more rough and sick. I felt the uncomfortable sensation within my stomach, causing me to double over , depositing the contents inside within the sink. My stomach clenched , my eyes shut as I gasped. Most of it was bile anyways, but it felt gruesome , it made me remember things I indeed did not want to. I wiped away the rest of the horrid substance , cleansing myself and dabbing away at my skin, trying to look atleast decent. Who on earth would let Jamison inside of their house - no offence Jamison, but I mean it seemed as if he had no friends , I wondered over who the lady could be. It almost made me slightly envious. Cleansing my face of any substance, I left the room, walking into the hallway, hearing the echo of Jamie's and her laugh. It made my heart soar on how he was laughing in such a hearty cheerful manner, but I felt left out , about it not being me making him smile so wide and laugh so purely. I peeked into the living room, seeing the neatly stacked records upon the shelf and the small figurines I felt a small smile enlighten my face. The curtains were wide open, allowing the city view to be watched and admired , and the glow of the lights allowed the room to look ever so pretty , even in dim lighting, I felt admiration soar through my heart. The fluffy purple carpet was placed in the center of the living room, and the girl herself was sat timidly upon the rug. The tv was turned off and the only sound other than their voices was the sound of soft music being played. Video games were lay all around the room, some CDs littering the place and cushions in almost every corner.
"Good Afternoon darl' " a voice mused , obviously they were aware of my entrance, for some reason I didn't feel the courage to walk into the room, instead I pulled away , leaning on the door. The girl laughed , a amused tone in her thick accented voice. Instead , Jamison grabbed my arm pulling me into the room and sitting me on the couch beside him, the couch was just as comfy as the bed, I found myself getting satisfied with it easily , nestling up to Jamie's warm body, his arm laced around my neck, pulling me close.
The girl watched , her eyes wide and joyful, a playful smile on her face. I gave her a uneasy smile as she stretched out on the carpet.
"How'd you sleep?" She asked
"I slept well thank you- your bed is comfy" I nodded , a eerie blush creeping on to my cheeks.
"The names Sombra-" she nodded , I gave her a warm smile , pushing Jamison away and relaxing on the couch.
"Sombra" I muttered , liking the way her name rolled of my tongue. It felt like I had heard her name before but I couldn't exactly put my finger on it. Jamison eyed me weirdly , I glared at him , raising an eyebrow.
"Well I'm going to play my video games , feel free , there's plenty of drinks too"
Sombra smiled, tilting her head and watching me with a woeful expression.

"Did I miss anything?" I shrugged ,
She nodded , walking around her room. She seemed busy in searching for something whilst I admired her comfy room, it had been a few minutes of silence until my curiosity had interrupted. I didn't like the idea of someone coming out of the blue and being so kind. It almost was unreal. She obviously was someone I had of came across before. The tingling sense of familiarity was at its peak , unraveling too slowly. So this was what life was truly like?
"You remind me of someone I cant put my finger on-" I muttered , watching her body tense slightly , her eyebrow raising as she took more deep breaths.  Jamie chuckled , his voice merry and delightful. I glanced back at him.
"Well, the real names Olivia" she mused whilst pulling out a file.
"So how did you guys meet?" I asked , watching Jamie wistfully as he took a sip of boba tea.
"Long history" he shrugged, the golden glint in his eyes didnt falter. Shining with admiration and love as he offered a drink to me. I shook my head , waiting for Olivia to stop searching.
"We kinda used to be friends, or some sort of mates, me and you have a much more interesting history" she nodded , making me flinch in confusion, i slightly pushed myself forward , what kinda history would we have?
"Is that why you seem so known to me?" I asked , the question answered itself as she nodded. Jamie's comforting hand found mine.
"Ya' I don't think she's ready to hear your disastrous story" he snarled , shooting daggers at her. Olivia simply rolled her eyes , not caring as she tossed the file towards me. I caught it with eager hands.
"I am , i need to know what happened" I pleaded , my pupils wide and dilated. Olivia followed my expression with a blank face . I opened the pages , my fingers timidly brushing against the pages.
"Talon profile?" I muttered aloud , Jamie was just as curious , sipping a little too loudly on his drink and glaring at the pages. I kept on turning , only to find my very on photo , a small girl , the features showed some resemblance, but the innocence and purity had vanished. Even I was shocked , my father beside me. Well I presumed it was with the similarity. A small girl stood beside me which the cut off. She wasn't as young as me, but pretty young. Olivia pointed towards the picture.
"Me and you, we used to be like peas in a pod, only when your father made you come with him to talons base things got even more messy" she muttered.
"How the bloody hell did you get with talon?" Jamie questioned.
"Save That story for another time" Olivia smiled. My eyes began to scan and read the text , all of my bio data was there. Even my habits were written. I tilted my head in confusion.
"Hey look! We know your birthday for sure now" Jamie chirped , I laughed , remembering how I had of told him I hadn't of known the exact date.
"I can't believe I don't remember any of this" I whispered , Olivia's eyes met mine.
"That's because you were made to not remember , you were claimed by the reaper who had made a vow to your father , he lost the bet, as a result owing you to him. But he refused , he didn't want to lose the purity and innocence you had , the light and positivity you had. He knew you would change the world if you tried. But he had no other choice, eventually the reaper killed him, taking you hostage and erasing your memories"

"This is all too much" I sighed , my fingers pressing hard against the pages. The truth was better than any sugarcoated lie. But oh how it felt embarrassing and strange to have someone else tell you , your very own past and memories.

"i hope this isnt too much of a burden on you" She murmured , almost as if she was afraid i would throw a tantrum, i nodded, my head heavy. 

"What do you think i should do? , what about my mother?" I asked , Jamie gave me a weary look , almost as if he didnt want me to know any more. 

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*:.。. .。.:*・*

Time passed slower than it should've , i soon found myself , lay in between the arms of the man that i adored and cherished dearly , the stars shone above us , and the moon hung in the sky like a lone pearl , awaiting patiently . I couldn't help the smile which crept its way onto my face , my fingers intertwined with his, the soft thumping of his heartbeat was the only noise i could hear. It was midnight , a risky time to be outside , in the vulnerable world, Jamie's hands left yours , caressing your limbs , as if to soothe your agony.

"What do you think we should do?" I asked , my voice nothing but a hushed whisper. Jamie heaved a heavy sigh , almost as if the burden was what we shared.

"Exactly what she said , get away from here" He sighed , i sat up , the rooftop of the building wasn't exactly a comfortable spot. I gazed around the room , A pendant in my small hands, the white crystal glowed, its hazy shine emitting on the stone ground. I felt Jamie's arm sneak around me,

"You just can't let go of me can you? I didnt think you'd be one for skinship" I mused , snuggling close to him.

"That's unfair , am i not allowed to seek comfort in another body? I also Don't think you can keep yourself away" 

"Perhaps i can?" i teased , getting up on my feet , and rushing away from Jamie , giggling. He shook his head , his hands behind his head as he lay back , watching me. 

"I didn't know i fell in love with a child" 

"Oh you did, I want to see all those beautiful botanical gardens when we get away from this morbid place" I grinned , gazing across the city, for a night with the skies, Jamie picked the best building.

"Anything else Darling?" he chuckled , his glowing eyes never leaving mine, i shook my head. Though the wind was getting harsher , and the night was cold, it felt so right. I found my way back to Jamie who was making a plan , cuddling closely with him , he was like a natural radiator , always warm :3. Whilst he searched his head for ideas, I found myself fighting hard to stay awake , it was finally going to be okay, the life I wanted was soon mine.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*:.。. .。.:*・*

OOOOOOOOF I need to update more , How are you all? stay safe and calm! make sure to wash your hands and to stay inside. ill be updating more due to quarantine, i hope the best for anyone who reads this part, take care ! 🍨🎀💕✨💌🧁☁