Chapter 12

Wooseok is woken up by his phone ringing, so loud he thinks for a moment that its right next to his ear and reaches for it only to find it's not there. Groaning he pats around him on the bed and then his jeans where he finally feels it vibrate inside his pocket.

Without opening his eyes he picks up the call. "Hello?" Wooseok rasps out, his throat so dry it hurts.

"Wooseok~ Hey! There's this new chicken place that opened up in Busan and I think you'll love it! Do you want to go?" Jungmoo's voice sounds louder than usual so Wooseok with a grimace moves his phone away from his ear, still being able to listen to him speak.

The simple idea of food makes his stomach lurch.

Wooseok moves his phone back closer to his ear so he doesn't have to speak louder than necessary to be heard. "Sorry Mogu, I had too much to drink last night I don't feel like going out." Especially not all the way to Busan.

Jungmoo hums on the other line and stays silent for a few seconds. "Ok, you're hungover I get it, there will be a next time!" Wooseok can't even make himself feel guilty for turning down his dear friend's invitation so he just bids him goodbye and hangs up.

Finally, he opens his eyes, his bedroom dimly lit with the light that is able to enter through his curtains. Seeing the usual messy state of his floor makes him feel even worse for some reason if he followed Jinhyuk's advice of cleaning his room more often he wouldn't feel this bad right?

Jinhyuk.

Wooseok sits up, quicker than he should have and his body instantly makes him regret it. Everything sways, his head was pounding in a way that made him believe his skull was going to crack open and his stomach once again lurches.

He stumbles his way off his bed, out his room, and into the bathroom dropping to his knees in front of the toilet. The nausea that had been crawling up his throat since he was woken up finally wins. His stomach contracts violently as bile and whatever he had left inside forces it way up and out his mouth into the toilet.

When he finally stops after what feels like hours, ending with a couple tears streaming down his cheeks, his throat and stomach hurting, sweat that feels too cold on his forehead, he reaches up for the handle to flush it all down the drain.

Wooseok struggles to stand up, his knees threatening to give out so he holds onto the sink to stay up. He slashes some cold water onto his face and uses some more to attempt to get rid of the taste left in his mouth knowing that if he tries to brush his teeth on his current state he'll end up puking again.

The apartment is silent.

He makes his way back into his bedroom after he fails to find a single pain killer on their medication drawer in the kitchen, trying to come to peace with the idea of willing the pain in his head away.

No matter how much he tries to not think about it, how much he wants to escape the memories that keep playing in front of his eyes, he can't do it. Wooseok pulls his blanket over him ignoring the summer heat, his wish to hide from everything way bigger.

He remembers Jinhyuk's beautiful white flowers on his right hip. He remembers crying at the bar with Seungyeon rubbing his back. He remembers holding onto his friend as if he could take the pain away. He remembers Seungyeon's pained questions, the way his feline eyes looked at him when Wooseok told him he didn't mean his words.

He remembers Seungyeon's lips against his. How desperately yet softly he kissed him as if Wooseok was the single most precious thing in the world and also what he needed the most. He remembers responding, his loneliness getting the best of him and accepting his best friend's touch.