1.3

day 45

it's been almost a month since the two boys have talked. jack wasn't the same he hated himself for letting zach push him away but he still acted fine especially around his friends. they didn't know about zach before so why tell them now.

zach wasn't okay at all. the beatings had started to be worse and worse every day. before he fell asleep he'd get beaten, when he'd wake up he'd get beaten. any time his dad saw him it happened. his dad was staying home more aswell.

zach needed jack but didn't want to text him. he felt like he was a burden to the older boy and that if he talked to him i'd be bad for him.

jack needed to know that zach was okay, he needed to make sure that zach wasn't hurt. he knew something was happening to zach and that he just wouldn't tell him but jack cared and worried for the younger like his life depended on it.

going this long without checking up on zach was killing jack. so he decided to do it. he texted him at midnight.

jack
zach i'm so sorry
delivered

"dad listen PLEASE DAD" zach cried

"no!! you don't deserve to be here" his dad yelled in his face as the knife was held to zach's throat

"PLEA-" zach's throat was slit

his dad ran out of the house as zach's throat bled...he stood up as quickly as possible and grabbed a towel to hold it to it as he dialed 911 on his phone.

911- 911 this is your operator speaking what is your emergency

zach- my dad slit my throat h-help

911- oh my god where are you?

zach- *address* please i-it h-hurts

911- shh don't speak honey, the emts are on there way just sit still

zach just hummed in response

they finally showed up and carried zach out as they held gauze to his neck and made sure it didn't bleed out.

zach still had his phone in hand as he cried out.

"everything will be okay" a woman smiled as zach's eyes closed and he started to shake

"he's seizing" she yelled

••••

they took zach back for surgery and luckily none of his vocal cords where cut and no major blood lines, it barely got through the skin but enough to almost bleed out.

it would leave a scar but he'd be okay.

he finally woke up from his surgery and was in a hospital room. he couldn't talk because it could cause damage though.

the nurses made sure nothing was wrong and they left.

zach grabbed his phone and saw the message.

zach
it's okay. i'm sorry too

jack
are you okay?

zach
no.

to be continued....