Act 2 - Unlikely Friendship

Maya was petrified, there, laying on the floor of her room was a girl about her age, wearing what seemed to be a purple uniform, soaked in blood, with cuts on one side of her face and to top it all, her hair done in two ponytails. The girl groaned and spoke.

-Look, I'm... I'm sorry about your window a... and... for... scaring you... but... now... I could use some help...

Maya went for her phone but the girl stopped her.

-No, not with that...

-But I need to call an ambulance, you need a hospital and

The girl chuckled and managed to sit against Maya's bed.

-I need... I need you to go... and get... my med-kit...

-Go? Where? It's three in the morning...

-Didn't I just told you... I liv... live in the twelfth floor? By the way I'm...

-You're Hit-Girl... I heard about you... I'm Maya, Maya Hart...

-So, we're done with presentations, listen, this... this is what you need to do...

After explaining Maya how to enter and giving her a keycard, the teenager walked to the twelfth floor, still scared, the teenager helped Hit-Girl to lay on her bed and proceeded to go to where she was instructed. If seeing the girl crash into her bedroom what she saw in the apartment dropped her jaw to the floor, the walls were plastered with maps and photographs as well as a huge array of weapons, as instructed Maya reached a cabinet where she found a black bag filled with medical supplies and instruments, hurrying back she returned to her apartment where she found Mindy without the top of her uniform and groaning in pain as she examined the injury with a mirror.

-Finally... OK... get a needle and one of the vials with a blue liquid in them...

Trembling Maya did as told.

-Now, inject it in my arm...

Maya's eyes opened wide.

-WHAT?

-JUST DO IT!!!

Closing her eyes Maya inserted the needle in her arm and pressed until the liquid disappeared. Mindy immediately began to feel relief.

-w... what was it?

-A special mix of morphine and pain medication my Dad taught me how to make for situations like this... now get some cotton and the pliers and get all the shards of metal out of the wound... wait... before that... get me some water...

Two hours later, Mindy had the wound cleaned up and bandaged, but she was about to get up Maya restrained her.

-You can't leave, you need to rest...

-I'm... I'm fine... besides, I caused you enough trouble.

It was then when Maya realized something.

-Wait... Mindy... you're Mindy Macready...

-How do you... I mean... that's...

-I'm not telling anyone I promise... I saw your photo on the school system... you're going to go to Abigail Adams High...

-Yeah, tomorrow morning.... But I don't think I'll be able to...

-Look don't move, my Mom probably went to Shawn's apartment so you can stay the night, do you need something to eat? I can fix you a sandwich

-Fine...

An hour later, Mindy was sound asleep on Maya's bed while the other had grabbed a blanket and went to sleep to the living room couch. Being able to sleep only a couple of hours Maya didn't even hear her phone, she was startled when she heard knocks on the door, she was about to move when a gloved hand covered her mouth...

To be continued...