Chapter 4

I got down from the car and walked up to Elizabeth while John stayed back to get my things out of the car.

When I got to her, she put on a big smile and said:

"Back so soon? Seems like you had fun. " while looking at John and my things.

"Yes I did. Who were those guys? "I asked.

"Oh that does not concern you. Alfred, help John get her things to her room. " She gestured to the Butler standing off to the side.

"Yes madam" Alfred nodded and walked towards the car.

"Why don't you go inside it's getting a little chilly out here." She said while gently shoving me to the door.

'Alright then. '

I went to my room and opened up the new phone I bought.

'I should probably put in some numbers' I thought before I remembered I don't know anyone.
Except for Aidan.

*sigh, I wish we could have talked more or I got his number. We could have been great friends. We still can be. This town isn't that big. I bet I will run into him again.

I used the rest of my day to make social media accounts and sort out my stuff that John and Alfred brought to my room,  careful not to put in my last name.

I then decided that since I can't get him outta my mind, I should try and find him on social media.

I turned on my phone and searched through the Aidans that came up on Instagram.

After going through about 12 Aidans with no luck, I went downstairs and watched Mary make dinner with the rest of the staff.

The kitchen was as big as a gourmet kitchen which led me to think that Elizabeth is the only one that lives here, in a huge mansion, with tons of staff and I don't even know what she does for a living.

While Mary set out the food, I remembered that weird nurse from the hospital and looked down at the watch on my wrist.

I hadn't used it so far since I had eaten breakfast at the hospital and lunch at that cafe so I wonder if it really works.

I guess I'll find out.

Mary and two other women set out the food on the glass table and I sat down and looked at the time. It was 6:57pm and Elizabeth hadn't shown up yet.

I wondered if it would be rude to start eating without her but realized it would be the perfect time to check if the food is poisoned.

Mary seems really nice and I doubt she would do anything like that but better safe than sorry.

I pushed the small button at the side of the watch and a bunch of options came up on the screen.

Scan
Dart
X-ray
Call
Infa-Red

I pressed scan and moved it over the surface of the food. After a few seconds, it showed a list after all the ingredients and if any of them can be poisonous. When the results came clean, I silently thanked God as Elizabeth came in.

"Ah you waited. Sorry I had something to take care of." she apologized as she took her seat.

"It was no problem." I shrugged.

The rest of do dinner was uneventful as we both ate in silence. I was still getting weird vibes from Elizabeth, so I decided to keep quiet.

I excused myself when dinner was over and went up to my room.
I continued with my search for Aidan then decided to get ready for bed.

After my shower,  I got dressed into an oversized shirt and some pyjama shorts with matching socks and fell asleep easily.

                            * * *
I heard voices so I followed them downstairs. The voices got louder and when I was close enough, I sat on the floor, out of sight and listened.

"We'll do everything we can but you have to stay strong for you and your daughter. "A deep male voice said.

"It seems like everyone is just disappearing. I heard about a couple of disappearances around this neighborhood  but I never imagined it would happen to us. "A shaky female voice said I'm between sobs.

"I will personally take this case. Don't worry. Just stay strong. "The male voice said before the front door closed.

I then walked out of my hiding place and up to the now crying woman on the floor.

"Mom what's going on? "I asked the dark skinned woman as I watched her brown eyes meet mine.

"Oh Muffin...um... well...y-your dad has gone missing."She said while wiping her tears.

I sat down next to her and held her as tears of my own rolled down my cheek.

We sat in each others arms for what seemed like hours.

I woke up to the sound of knocking. I wiped my tear stained cheeks as I opened the door.

Alfred stood there with a tray of milk and cookies and a container of pills.

'I completely forgot about those.' I internally face palmed.

"Good morning Miss Charlotte, the madam sent me to give you these. " Alfred said gesturing to the tray

"Thank you. "I replied while taking the tray to which he nodded and shut the door

I put the tray on my desk and picked up the medicine. I opened them up and brought one pill out and placed it on my desk as well. I then scanned them with my watch. After a few seconds, it flashed with all these ingredients and chemicals I don't know; But I did understand one thing, these pills were meant to make me forget, forget anything I remembered.

I put the rest of the pills in my drawer and threw the one I scanned in the toilet and flushed.

Nothing makes sense anymore. I don't remember anything 'cause I was in an accident, the doctor said that they couldn't contact my family because they didn't know my name which I know is not true because the nurse gave me a file with information about me that the doctor obviously knew about; Elizabeth is trying to make me forget anything I remember which is virtually nothing but why would she do that if she doesn't know me and why do I feel that everyone knows more about me and what happened except for me?

"Ugh!! "I yelled as I threw my pillow across the room.

'What the hell is happening?'

A\N - Hi. This chapter might be a bit boring but it is an Info chapter and plus without Info chapters you would be confused as Heaven so I actually just did you and your brain a favor.

I hope you stick around for more because to get to the juice you have to go through the hard part of the fruit.
I hope that made sense.

Please Vote, Comment and tell your friends...I want to know if you like it of if I should just delete this story.

Ciao
- CC