Chapter Three: Fulfilling The Promise

Start from the beginning

"Mister?" She asked innocently. "You have a very pretty smile," she said, as she too smile a toothy grin as well.

Sakura looked at Sasuke and she was surprise to see him kneeling down in front of the little girl as he awkwardly tap her head. Sakura chuckled and walked towards Sasuke and the little girl Aoi.

"Sakura-sensei," Aoi run towards Sakura and gesture something. Sakura then kneeled as Aoi walked closer, whispering something to Sakura.

"I think, Aoi-chan likes that guy." Aoi whispered, pointing at Sasuke who is now staring at Sakura and Aoi, knowing that whatever Aoi is whispering to Sakura involves him.

"Can Aoi-chan marry him when I grow up?" Sakura looked at the little girl and chuckled.

"Of course, Aoi-chan can marry whoever she likes. As long as that man would promise to protect Aoi-chan for the rest his life." Sakura stood up and tap Aoi's head.

"And if that man make Aoi-chan cry, Sakura-sensei would personally give him a beating," Sakura said, looking at Sasuke.

Beside Sasuke stood a boy about nine years old. He has a smug look on his face, a small scar on the side of his left eyebrow, tough looking eyes. Not only that, but he also has spiky dark blonde hair and blue eyes. The boy reminds Sasuke of someone. A certain dobe who sprout nonsense since their genin days. A certain young man with a dream to become the Hokage. The man whose light managed to penetrate the darkness within him.

Naruto. Perhaps before he go to his next journey, he'll pay his friend a visit.

The young boy looked at Sasuke, eyes hard with a frown. "Hey mister, why are you with Sakura-sensei?" The boy asked. But before Sasuke could answer, the boy speak again.

"Just so you know, I'll be the one to marry Sakura-sensei when I grow up." The boy, Ryuji, smirked smugly.

"Did she say she wanted to marry you, chibi?" Sasuke has no qualms when it comes to fighting with kids. It was pointless to argue with children because they only accept what they wanted to hear.

But somehow, Sasuke felt the urge to verbally torment this boy. He doesn't know why, though. What's wrong with him anyways?

"Hey mister, she already said yes, hmph!"

Sasuke was a bit surprise to say the least. But the look of surprise was masked by his stoic expression almost instantly. He knew Sakura only told him that but she'll never do it. There's no way she would marry this small twig who is ten years younger than her. Sakura was no shotacon.

Come to think of it, the little girl, Aoi, also wanted to marry Sasuke. He overheard her conversation with Sakura. What's with young kids these days wanting to marry someone ten years older than them? When Sasuke was a kid, the thought of marriage never once crossed his mind.

But now that he realized it, what does it mean to get married anyways? He wasn't able to ask his mother about trivial things such as marriage. But he knew his parents were happy in their relationship as married couples. He was young, but there was a point in time when he imagined himself like his father.

Marriage huh? If that is part of restoring his clan, he'd consider the thought of marriage. Besides, he only need to ask a certain someone.

It was only a matter of time. Or else this kid, Ryuji, might seriously steal the certain pink haired kunoichi from him, and he couldn't afford to lose.

_____

The sun had just set beyond the horizon. The clouds were painted with orange hue. Sakura was arranging her desk as Sasuke waited outside. After a few minutes, and the fact that Sakura doesn't want Sasuke to wait any longer, she walked outside and the two proceeded to walk home.

The sky was full of fluffy clouds drifting here and there and the two walked in peace.

"Sasuke-kun," Sakura suddenly spoke, stopping in her tracks.

"Thank you," she turned around with a smile that Sasuke was so surprised he wasn't able to mask his expression.

Thank you, she said? Why? Sasuke was a bit confuse. Why was she thanking him for? Did he do something? All he did was accompany her in the Hospital. What else did he do for Sakura to thank him?

"You haven't forgotten the promise. Thank you."

The moment Sakura touched her forehead, Sasuke came into a realization. The night before, when he was drunk, he boldly told her parents that he would take her with him. That wasn't the most perfect timing to tell Sakura's parents. Sasuke then swore to burn every single sake he'll come across using his amaterasu. And he swore he would ask for their approval tomorrow without the influence of alcohol.

Sasuke then looked Sakura in the eyes and say the words she long to hear.

"Let's go on our journey, together."

Sakura smiled with her eyes closed. This time, her smile was genuine, Sasuke could tell that much. Her smile was so radiant that Sasuke would probably see her smiling face every time he close his eyes. And from then he promised, this journey with her would change their lives forever.

As the sky turned dark, the stars shine bright. But the stars aren't bright enough compared to the smile of the girl he swore to love.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Thanks for reading. Such a sweet chapter! Hope you like it!

Vote and comment down your thoughts!