019| first impressions

imagine #19jo seungyeon type: angst + fluff request for; @yikescole

imagine #19
jo seungyeon
type: angst + fluff
request for; @yikescole

»»-------------•°•°•-------------««

"We'll be beginning the soundcheck now! We need X1 and 4D on set now!"

I was getting ready with my group members. I had been given the chance to debut in a 4 member girl group under Starship Entertainment. Since Minhee and Hyeongjun trained with the me and the rest of my members, we were very close with them and proud that they were able to make the final lineup of X1

As I was chatting with Hyeongjun while putting my in-ear monitor in, I noticed a tall figure. A small smile made its way to my face when I noticed it was Seungyoun. Hyeongjun noticed my smile and playfully hit me on the arm. "Noona, if you like Seungyoun Hyung that much, I can get you his number." I began to blush profusely as I shook my head. "It's fine. I'm just a fan of his." I finished putting my mic on when I heard a voice from behind me.

"Who's a fan of who?" My eyes widened as I turned around to see Seungyoun with a small smile on his face. Hyeongjun saw me becoming flustered as he began to speak. "Hyung, Yerin-noona is a big fan of yours? Right?" I watched as Hyeongjun walked away, leaving me alone with Seungyoun. I let out a nervous laughter as Seungyoun continued to smile at me. "What Hyeongjun meant was that I enjoy your music a lot and I was happy that you made it in the final lineup. Congratulations"

Seungyoun smile grew bigger as he squeezed my cheeks. "Thanks for the support Yerin-ssi. It means the world to me." A voice called out for all X1 members to go on stage as he retracted his hand. "Well that's my cue. Wish me good luck. I can't wait to see your performance."

I waved goodbye to him as I couldn't help but smile. I heard my manager call me as I ran to the standby area, my wide smile not leaving my face. One of my members noticed and laughed at my expression. "What happened? Did you win the lottery or something?" I shook my head as I fixed my mic one last time. "Something better.."

X1 had finished their stage as it was our turn to go on. We bowed towards the staff and said our introduction. "Out of this world! What's up, we're 4D" After the applause, we stood in place for our performance. Once the music started, we all began to perform with wide smiles on our face. Our recording took a long time and before we knew it, we had refilmed our performance over 10 times.

As the music started again, I felt my head become dizzy. By the chorus, I saw nothing but white and before I knew it, I collapsed. I could hear the different staff and my managers asking if I was okay, but I had passed out before I could answer.

.•.

I woke up to an all white room. There was a bandages on my head and an IV in my left arm. I looked around my surroundings and saw someone with a face mask sleeping by my bedside. My sudden movements caused the person to wake up and I noticed that it was Seungyoun. He sighed in relief as he took of his face mask and gently hugged me. "I was so worried Yerin. I thought something worse had happened."

I hugged him back, still confused about what had happened. Seungyoun noticed my expression and began to explain. "You were overworked and fainted during the sound check . The doctors told us it was due to malnutrition and lack of sleep. Why weren't you taking care of yourself better?"

I sighed and looked at Seungyoun. "I needed to look my best for my comeback. I can't let people down. But now I've let so many of our fans down, including my members. And I've made a bad first impression on you." Seungyoun sighed and took my hand in his. "Listen to me Yerin. Your health is more important than how you look for a comeback. I'm sure your fans would understand. And you didn't make a bad first impression on me. I enjoyed the time we had to talk and would love to talk to you more."

My eyes lit up as I heard his words. I smiled brightly and nodded. Seungyoun placed a small kiss on my cheek as he stood up. "I'll let you get your rest. Don't want you to be tired for our date" he winked at me before exiting the room, leaving me alone to fangirl about our date.

(UNEDITED)