sixty seven

mr. crystal dismisses me as violet leaves the room, telling me he has to attend a meeting and he'll call me back later.

he nods and smiles and i exit the office, eyes sweeping the complex for violet, but she is nowhere to be seen. 

i need to get to ethan, quick.

as i'm racing down the stairs to get back to our floor, someone grabs my wrist and jerks me to a halt. 

"going somewhere?" 

i pull my wrist from violet's grasp as her lips stretch into a smile. 

"just back to work." 

"in such a hurry?" 

i swallow, my heart pumping fast from rushing down the stairs and violet's tantalizing stare. 

if the internet was correct, she's been to rehab and back. what is she possibly doing in portland? 

"you know who i am, don't you," she says. 

i nod slowly. 

she sighs. "alright, if you've got a pen, i'll sign something for you, even though my agent told me to steer clear of fans." 

i stare at her. 

she looks at me expectantly. 

"wait... you think i'm your fan?" i suddenly remember she was on a daytime soap opera. i almost laugh. 

"how else would you know me?" she chuckles dryly. 

"i know you as the girl that broke ethan's heart," i say without meaning to. 

her eyes snap to me. "excuse me?" 

i take a step back. "ethan dolan," i say. "he was in love with you and you left him." 

"of course i know who you're talking about," she snaps. 

"well, you weren't acting like it." i cross my arms over my chest, mirroring her stance.  "and if you've come here to try to entice him again, you're going to have to go through me."

violet stares at me and then she bursts into laughter.

"something funny?" i ask, my cheeks flushing pink. 

"i didn't come here to get ethan back, if that's what you're implying," ahe says, laughter dying down. "i just got out of rehab for being a goddamn alcoholic, and my agent is forcing me to get a mainstream, boring job," she says resentfully. "so, naturally, i come back to crystal." 

"come back?" 

"oh, but didn't ethan tell you?" she smiles sarcastically. "crystal was my step father for about two years, before my mother got divorced again. he gave me a job until i can stay sober long enough to return to the show, and until then some other actress way less pretty than me is taking my place." she sniffs haughtily. 

a thought occurs to me. 

violet could be the insider for wolfe. 

hidden | ethma जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें