chapter two

I get to the Wyrm and head straight to my room to try and calm my self down, what the hell is he doing here? He left years ago why would he come back to this town. God he looks the same but more a man and I can't help but to say he looks hot, amazingly hot. I take a few deep breaths and grab my bottle of whiskey and poured myself some before taking a sip. It burns my throat and it fills amazing and it takes my thoughts off of him. It's been years since he left, and in those years I changed. For the better. Now Im a serpent, and not just any serpent, I am the Serpent Queen. Which is hilarious because if someone told me that I would be serpent queen 3 years ago I would have laugh in their face. I joined the serpents 2 years after Jughead left, some shit happened in my family and let's just say I was an orphan after that, Toni and Cheryl took me in as a serpent and though I was hesitant at first I still joined. Turns out I was the best serpent in the game because my second year of being a serpent I turned into the leader of them. It was amazing when I was crowned Queen, it was as if I was made for this life. Now after 3 years of being here everyone loves me and I love them, I may lead them but they're my family and I don't know what'd I do without them. It has been smooth sailing since i've became Queen there was of course some bumps but now, now that Jughead is here I have a feeling this is gonna be a big bump in the road. Mostly all the serpents hate him for leaving. Me? I knew this wasn't the life for Jughead so I congratulate him for leaving, but no, the other serpents hate him for that so I don't know how they are going to feel when he walks in here tonight. I sigh and throw my glass to the walk in anger I watch as it cracks and falls to the ground, the shattered pieces all over the floor satisfies me. I take the whiskey bottle and drink it from the bottle. I sit down on my couch and pull out a cigarette. I laugh to myself, old Betty wouldn't do half the shit I do nowadays.
JUGHEAD POV
At 7:00pm on the dot I arrived at the Whyte Wrym, I jumped out of my car and looked at it. Still the fucking same, now here are some pretty bad memories. What the hell is Betty doing here. I decided to wear my serpent jacket, black jeans and my S t-shirt to fit in more. I get to the door and consider leaving, maybe i don't need an explanation from Betty. Ugh who am I kidding I have to have one. Before I could change my mine I busted through the doors and everyone got quiet, even the music turned off. Everyone stared, the son of the dead serpent king here to get his crown. But I wasn't here for the crown, why I am here because I wanna know how the fuck let my girl joined the serpents. Then I hear him.
"You have the nerve showing your face in here" I hear and I turn to see Sweet Pea. One of my best friends here. Well was one of my best friends.
"Boy I outta" he says before getting cut off by her.
"Sweet Pea relax he's here to see me" Betty said and suddenly she was right behind him, arms crossed. Sweet Pea stepped back from me and went behind Betty, his arms crossed and his face hard as if he was protecting her, i didn't understand, why is he protecting her from ME of all people. Like I would hurt her, I love her or uhh I loved that girl. Past tense.
"Ha look your perfect serpent queen is shacking up with the son of the old serpent king" I turn to see who said it and of course it was Tall Boy, I always hated him, why the fuck is he even still in the serpents. Before anyone could say anything the whole room watched as Betty threw a knife towards Tallboy so close to his face that it cut his ear. Tallboy gasped in shock and touched his ear.
"Is that anyway to treat your queen Tallboy" Betty snarled. "Get your ass out of here I don't wanna see your face" she finished and to my fucking shock Tallboy ran out of the wrym. What the hell, Tallboy would never follow orders and now he is? From a girl?
"Continue the music and talking, I have business to take care of" Betty days and on cue the music started and everyone started talking but still glancing over at us.
"Follow me Jones" Betty says, that's the first she never has called me by my last name before. I follow her while Sweet Pea follows close behind me, we get to her office which used to be my dad's office. It was now more Betty though, which I adored.
"Sit" she says as she walks around and sits on own chair behind the desk. Legs crossed nicely. Still a little of my Betty in there. I sit down also.
"You need me in here boss, just in case he tries some funny busy" Sweet Pea asked Betty, I rolled my eyes.
"No Sweets we are good" Betty says with a smile. Sweet Pea nodded not taking his eyes off me and stalked out of the room. 
"So you're the Queen of the serpents now?" I ask immediately completely in shock.
"Yes Jug" she says the nickname slipping so easily off her tongue. God I missed the way she said my name. Especially when...uh....never mind.
"Why?" I ask.
"You can't leave for 5 years and expect everything to be the same, shit happens and people change" Betty says with a shrug.
"I mean I know people changed but usually they just have a different hairstyle or a different wardrobe but they don't drastically change" I say, which was the truth. When I came back I expected her to be a little different.
Before she replies she takes the bottle of whiskey off her desk and pours herself some, I raise my eyebrows. Then she takes a sip of it and then pulls out a fucking cigarette and lights it and smokes it. My eyes widened.
She looked up at me and saw my face.
"You want some?" she offers whiskey.
"No. I don't drink because of my father Betty and you know that" I say sternly getting a little frustrated. She winces.
"Right sorry, anyways I haven't changed a lot Jug" she says, again with the nickname but I can't focus on that right now. I just laugh.
"You say you didn't change a bit as you drink whiskey and smoke a cigarette!, jesus christ Betty you went from pink perfection to black bad" I say. Her eyebrows scrunch up making herself look adorable.
"Black bad? what's that?" she asked like that was the most important thing at the moment.
"That's not the point! the point is you've changed, you're not the Betty I know and love...uh loved" I say quickly trying to cover up. Betty rises from her chair with an angry face. Woah. She comes around to me and just when I think she's about to hurt me she sits down on the front of her desk.
"Look jones, yes I know I have changed but this is the new and better me and there's nothing you can do to change that, you might not accept me for who I am or you might be against it but you have to deal with it, i'm not changing for you or anyone. This is me" She says.
"But this is not the true you Betty" I reply back.
"How do you know that" she replied back flatly.
"Because I know you better then you know yourself" I snap.
"and that's where you're wrong Jones, you knew the old me better then she knew herself, but this, this is the new me so you better start learning" She says taking a long drag out of her cigarette and blowing the smoke out through her nose. I sigh.
"What if I want the old Betty back, the one I fell in love with" I say softly hoping she could just understand how I feel.
"you're 5 years too late Jones, i'll let you stay for a while, have some drinks relax for a bit" and with that she left. I take a deep breath. I should have never left I think as I get up and walk out. I look around and find Betty nowhere and wondered where she went to that fast. I make my way over to the bar and sit on the stool.
"Wow, Jughead Jones is that you?" I look up and see Toni.
"Toni" I say with a smile. Looks like she isn't mad at me.
"How have you been Jug" She says smacking my arm across the bar.
"Good actually, pretty good" I say with a smile.
"That's good, what can I get ya" She asked.
"The old Betty back" I grumble. Toni laughs.
"You're little late Jug" She says, "You don't like the new Betty?" She asked.
"It's not that I don't like her I just I don't know, I feel like it's a cover up, did something happen while I was gone?" I ask. Toni face gets serious and sadness comes over her.
"You're gonna have to ask her, it's not my place to say" Toni says.
"Pea you owe me a pool game" we hear Betty say, I turn and watch her walk down the stairs to the pool game.
"Sure, just be prepared for an ass whopping" Sweet Pea says. Betty scoffs.
"In your dreams".
I watch as she walks over to them and they start a game of pool.
"She's just so different, I want the Betty I fell in love with back" I say.
"Well Jug fall in love with this Betty or get the hell out of her life" Toni says. Then there's a bang. I turn to see at the door a guy and a girl I've never seen before. The guy had red hair and the girl had blue hair which were in two long french braids. I heard Toni's shit and everyone stopped everything. Betty immediately stopped playing pool and walked over to them.
"If it isn't the Serpent Queen" the girl said in a nasty tone. Betty grinned.
"And if it isn't thing one and thing two, I thought I told you guys to stop showing up here" Betty says.
"Who are these two?" I ask Toni.
"Trouble" was all she said.