Chapter 5

This chapter is dedicated to i_dont_know678  

She is the best homeless man with pneumonia I know.

The rest of the holidays flew by and in no time at all, I were packing to go to Hogwarts. My trunk was a huge deep thing that easily fit all my belongings inside. When the 1st of September arrived, we made our way to Kings Cross Station and were all very quiet the whole way. We went to platform 9 and 10 but I couldn't see a school train there. I spotted Professor CHang and we made our way over.

"Now everyone," Professor Chang said, "Please gather around. You are going to the platform 9 and three quarters. To do this you will have to run through the barrier between platform 9 and 10. So, take it in turns, and I will tell you when to go. Make it look casual. First family go, NOW."

A woman startled to attention and dragged her daughter over to the barrier. They stood there awkwardly and then I must have blinked because they were gone. Then, before I had even processed the craziness of what had just happened, mum was dragging me up to the barrier to another GO from Professor Chang. We walked casually up to the wall and we leaned up against it and instead of going against solid wall, we slid right through. It was like falling through water. For a second, I couldn't hear anything, then the noise from platform 9 and three quarters hit me. I stumbled onto the platform, my family right behind me. There was the train. It was a huge, bright red steam engine. Huge puffs blew out its top, making it very hard to see much further than a few meters.

We made our way over to the train and Dad pulled me into his arms and hugged me tightly. I hugged Annabelle and then looked at mum. She had tears in her eyes and held me in front of her.

"Write as soon as you can, and tell us everything. Just ask if you forgot anything," Mum sobbed. Then she took me in her arms and enveloped me.

Just then we heard a whistle and I was hurried along. I made my way to the train and hopped in. The whistle blew and the train started to move. I leant out of the window and waved to my family who waved madly back at me. They got smaller and smaller and were eventually lost in the steam.

I pulled back into the train and began to make my way to a compartment. I passed many that were full of people all laughing and chatting and catching up. Finally I came across one that only had two other people in it, one with glasses and the other with crazy spiky hair. I pulled the door open and asked tentatively, "Can I sit here?"

The one with the spiky hair nodded and the other didn't look up from his book. I hefted my trunk in and tried to lift it onto the rack but it was too heavy. I tried again but it was useless. The boy who was reading stared at me like I was an idiot which made me angry.

"Well if it's so easy why don't you put my trunk up!"

He looked at me shocked that I would say something like that to him. Then he stood up and I got a good look at him. He was already wearing his school robes and I could see a small blue symbol on them which mine did not have. He was quite tall and wore glasses that looked way too big for his face. I guessed that he was about year 12 but I guess that would be called 6th year here. His hair was auburn and it hang limp around his head like it had given up on trying to look nice. He pulled out his wand and waved it. My trunk then floated up to the rack and the boy sat down without a word. I sat down next to the window and looked at the country pass by. I was already bored.

The first half of the trip seemed to last forever. The first thing that happened was that a lady came by with a trolley full of sweets. The spiky hair boy got up and handed her some of the gold money we had used a diagon alley. He got some food and sat down. I got up and looked at the food on offer but it was completely different to normal food. I wanted to try it all but there was a problem.