xiv. miss you

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
( MISS YOU )
IRL

"YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL day, ma'am." primrose smiled to the older lady.

"you too dear." she smiled and wobbled off with her newly bought items.

primrose didn't even look up at the next customer. she just began to scan their items. she had roughly five more minutes until her shift was over.

"it's chip, incase you try swiping." the redhead said unenthusiastically.

"wow. thought you'd be happier to see me." a deep voice teased.

she looked up and faced thee caleb mclaughlin, "caleb!"

primrose couldn't help but smile. caleb could brighten anyone's day. even an exhausted seventeen year old's.

"now that's what i'm talking about." he smiled.

"what're you doing here?" she finished bagging his items.

"buying socks and skittles."

"seriously? that's the only reason?"

"i wanted to see you." caleb admitted.

"that's what i thought." prim let out a soft laugh.

after the boy paid, primrose closed her register. she excused herself for a moment while she punched out and said goodbyes to a few staff members.

"do you have anything to do tonight?" caleb asked as the two exited the store.

"nope."

"want to go to the park?" caleb asked.

"really?" she smiled.

prim couldn't recall the last time she was at the park. she loved going to the park. more than anything, she enjoyed swinging on the swings. trying to swing higher than other children. so this, the two set off to the park.

"you're telling me you've never been to new york?" caleb was shocked.

"nope. i've only gone to three other states. and they're all filled with family. so no real vacations for me." primrose shrugged her shoulders and watched out the car window.

"i'm genuinely shocked. i can't believe you've never been to the best state." he shook his head.

"agree to disagree."

"and how is georgia superior?"

"oranges." prim replied.

"you or the fruit?"

"you're real funny." she sarcastically retorted.

"thanks. i'm glad someone else has finally admitted it."

"favorite movie?"

"dark knight." prim shoveled wild berry skittles into her mouth.

"you're joking, right?"

"no."

"out of all the batman movies you could've picked to be your favorite, you choose 'dark knight'?" caleb croaked.

"yes. it's the superior batman movie."

"wrong."

"christian bale is the hottest batman." prim argued.

"wrong again." caleb huffed.

"i'm not wrong. you just can't handle the truth."

"and you're wrong, once again." caleb shrugged.

the two teens then sat in silence for quite a bit of time. the duo were swinging on two rusty old swings. the park was completely dead. which was a surprise since it was only five in the evening.

"caleb?"

"yes?" caleb looked over at her.

"why did you want to hang out today? not that i'm complaining. you're great company."

"umm..." he tried to think of the best way to put it, "i'm leaving atlanta tomorrow. today's my last day. we wrapped the season the other day."

"oh." prim said and then swung quietly.

silence filled the air once again. the two had only known each other for a short amount of time. but their bond only grew with time. and primrose really enjoyed his company. she appreciated their friendship.

"i'm going to miss you." primrose confessed.

"i'm going to miss you too." caleb stopped the swing.

he stood up. primrose mimicked his actions. the two were separated by three feet. without even thinking the two hugged. the pulled each other into a tight embrace. it felt right. then suddenly primrose's heart fluttered. she just smiled and brushed it off.

she was glad she befriended the positive light, caleb mclaughlin was. he helped her slowly come out of her shell. primrose valued their friendship. caleb mclaughlin was her friend. she truly believed that.

OLIVIA'S OPINIONS !

love them sm !

sorry this is short :\

also sorry for the mistakes, i rushed

also anyone still read this book ? just curious