My New Home.(pt.1)

Your Pov(point of view):

Tulsa, my new home, not by choice. I enjoyed my life back home in Chicago, I enjoyed school and I had a lot of friends but that's why we moved. My parents never approved of my friends, they always said that 'I was too good for them' or that they were' only my friends to get to my family's money.' My parents were obsessed with their image , they bought expensive clothes , constantly overdress, force me to look 'presentable' and basically controlled my life, they even tried to enrol me into a private boarding school for girls. I had to beg for them to give public highschool a try. There's not much I like about my new home except for a diner I saw on my drive here, the only problem is, is that it's on the North side of Town.

I pack my bag to head out to the diner and just as I got to the front door I was stopped by my mother,   

"Y/N," she said "where do you think you're going? It's 7 o'clock?"

 I turned around to face her, "Sorry Mother, I'm heading to the local library" I lied.

" The moving company have still not brought my books and I would like to catch up in some reading before Monday" 

My mother glared at me so hard, it felt like she could see right through my lie

"Alright" she sighed " just be home before 11 and are you really going out like that?"
She looked me up and down.

I was wearing a simple grey blouse with grey jeans and my hair In a messy bun.
I rolled my eyes and started quickly heading out the door "it's fine , I am just going to the library, doubt people will care what I look like." And with that I closed the door behind me before my mother had a chance to say a word about upholding family appearances.

I didn't actually know where I was going, I just kept walking in one direction until I realised that the grand houses that surrounds my new home are no longer there, instead I was in a busy street with small disheveled houses surrounding the area.
Suddenly it hit me, I walked the straight to the north side, ( or the drug dealers home as my father likes to call it.)  I decided that I wasn't going to go home, instead I saw a cute little diner outside were boys all with long slick backed hair crowding around a few rusty cars with loud engines. These boys were trying to get a group of girls  attention, these girls  all wore big heels , long colourful nails and too much eye shadow, as I walked past I noticed that these girls were obnoxiously loud. Suddenly I girl one of the girls let out a shrill screech  "TWO-BIT!" I take a quick look to see one of the boys wearing a Mickey mouse shirt running around one of the cars. I just rolled my eyes and stepped into the diner.

514 words. I hope you enjoy