12

As much as I wanted to run out of things to talk about with Ashton last night, that was not the case. Every topic would bring up a new one and we'd be up spending another thirty minutes chatting about the next topic to spark our interests. I did not know the emotions I should feel while being able to have thorough conversation with Ashton instead of bickering with him on things that didn't matter. For a moment, things felt normal between us, but there was always the thought in the back of my head telling me good things never lasted long.

Eventually, Ashton fell asleep, leaving me to toss and turn all night and to avoid his arms from snaking around my waist to pull me closer to him. My battle to catch some z's ended at five in the morning, when my body told me that sleep wasn't apart of the deal tonight or this morning...

I swapped my PJ's for raggedy workout clothes, laced up my tennis shoes, and tied my hair up, as well, tying one of Ashton's old bandannas I had lying around from years ago to my head to keep irritable loose strands of hair out of my face. With the exquisite space available in my bedroom I liked to workout in here, but with someone else sleeping in here it was a hard task to complete because I held the fear that I'd awake him. My closet, the next best and biggest thing was where I chose to lie out a yoga mat. I lied flat on my back over the mat, knees bent, staring up at the white ceiling. My hands rested on my stomach as I tapped my fingers away, not feeling the demand to exercise anymore. But I would not give up that easily.

1 sit-up

2

3

Okay, that was it. That was enough for today. I sat up, grabbing a magazine that by chance was nearby calling my name. I skimmed through the pictures, having a mind too tired to read the paragraphs that came along.

"What are you doing awake so early?" I looked up from magazine, seeing Ashton yawning and rubbing his eyes.

"I thought I'd exercise, relieve a mount of stress, but as you can see," I closed the magazine, holding it up. "anything sounds better than working out."

His sleepy chuckle made me smile. He squinted his eyes, "Are you...wearing one of my old bandannas?"

"Yeah, sorry about that." I stood, removing the bandanna and handing it to him. "I couldn't find something to keep a few loose strands out of my face." Exercise attire was the worst, all I had to do was put it on and start to sweat.

"It's fine..." He whispered, following me out of the closet. Good thing he didn't question my reasoning for trying to workout in a closet, for now I couldn't bring to mind what my reason was. A side effect from my lack of sleep - I forgot everything.

I began sifting through my drawer for under clothes to prance around my room in after I showered, "Why are you awake?"

"My phone kept ringing with Twitter notifications." Ashton relaxed back on the bed, grabbing his phone. "Apparently Luke and Alya eloped."

"Apparently?"

"When I'm going off article info I like to say 'apparently," since it hasn't been confirmed by Luke himself."

"Luke's a prude. He wouldn't elope, much less get married." I scoffed. The less sleep I got the crankier I was and getting no sleep at all meant for a Talia that would be on a verbal rampage today, no exceptions to who I would attack.

"He's your best friend, don't say that about him."

"No he's not. I'm starting to question the titles certain people have in my life." I said back, stopping in front of the bathroom door. "Excuse me while I shower."

-

"I would've expected you to leave in the middle of the night." Xander feigned politeness by handing Ashton a plate of toast after angrily spreading butter on them.

I prayed that Xander would leave in the middle of the night, find a hotel to stay at and cool off. Well, both of us needed time to cool off from yesterday's outburst and perhaps, hop on the forgiving train and forget everything that had happened and everything that was said.

"Xander, be a darling and go make sure the twins are dressed." I snatched the butter knife he held, and pushed him aside with my hip. The twins insisted they were independent people, who could wake up for school on time and put their uniforms on correctly, but I never let that slide. On a few occasions they'd slept in and Eli had wore his shirt inside out.

"T? What's in this box?" Mom perked up from the couch. The couch I forgot I hid that gift under. Call me Usian Bolt because I basically teleported from the kitchen to the living room. Why would I forget to move that stupid thing? Common sense said to hide it, but I completely forgot. What was wrong with me?

"The snake..." I snatched the box. "I finally caught it."

"T!" Eli entered with Ella close behind. "We're ready for school!"

"Let me grab my purse from my room and we'll be out." I clutched the box as I walked to my bedroom.

"What's really in the box?" Ashton asked as I slammed a cabinet in the bathroom shut.

"A snake!" I defended.

"T." He stopped me from exiting the bathroom by wrapping his arms around me. "What's in the box?" He repeated in a calm voice.

"Let go of me!" But he laced his fingers together, squeezing me playfully. "The kids will be late to school and I hate making them late."

"Then just tell me what's in the box."

I pushed out of his hold, running to grab my purse from the bed, "It's a vibrator! Gotta go bye!"