Family matters.

Richard
It was morning and the sun was shining very brightly. The sunshine rays pierced through Richard's closed eyes. He finally gave in and woke up. He looked over at his clock. It's was 9:45am he stood up slowly and walked over to the kitchen. He looked around the house for his dad. He was no where to be found. The living room, the kitchen and his dad's room were empty. He checked the bathroom, no one. I guess he left to work early today... He walked up to the appartement's roof to the community gardens. The smell of fresh air filled up his nostrils. He loved the smell. He sat down on a wooden bench and started reading the daily news. As he read the new information on his phone a small man came over to him. The man was no taller than 5'3 and looked no younger than 70 years old. The man came slowly closer to Richard. He sat down on the bench next to the 18 year old. "I'm sorry about your father Richard" what was this man talking about? "What do you mean? What happened?!" The small man looked very surprised that Richard didn't know what happened to his father. "You-You don't know?" Richard stood up quickly and looked the man in the eyes. "What happened to my father." He said that in a stone cold voice that meant he meant business. The small man's eyes filled with fear and terror and in a small voice he said: "you're father is dead, he was in a car crash while under the influence of alcohol." The boy slowly felt his body turn numb, everything around him started spinning in circles, his head was very dizzy, he felt his face turn ugly with tears falling down his puffy eyes, his legs were wobbly and fell to the ground, he buried his face in his dark grey sweater. He could hear himself screaming and crying, he just couldn't control it. His face turned red from rage, he yelled: "Why?! Why! Why did you have to be so stupid?!!" He sobbed and sobbed and sobbed, the child without any other family stood there, feelings alone with nobody there for him....