Annabeth

Hi guys! This is w00pzadoop99! This is my first fanfic. Unfortunately, all rights go to Uncle Rick and Percy_BlackAdder

Check out their stories!

-Percy_BlackAdder, I am sorry if it offends you because I have a few of your details, but this is not completely copied from your story (there are some major differences). Btw, keep updating! Your stories are great, especially 'Mutiny Captain'!👍

To my dear readers, sorry for the overdoing of line breaks.

What would be a perfect way to end an author's note? A brofist!👊👱<-PewDiePie!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Annabeth," her stepmother yelled, "get over here!"

Annabeth sighed, smoothening her dress with one hand while her other raked her hair. "Coming, mother!" she called back.

Annabeth was a greek princess, and was often to be told by her suitors, very beautiful. But each time one pointed or whispered about her, she would always grit her teeth. She hated the attention, but her stepmother would take advantage of that, boasting to other women how her daughter was perfect, and setting affairs with princes all over Athens.

Annabeth's stepmom wasn't actually supposed to be queen. Once her real mother died, many women saw the opportunity to marry the handsome former commander of the Athen army, now king, her real father, Frederick Chase. Unfortunately, King Frederick (she was requested/commanded to call him that) fell in love with her stepmother. Now she was stuck with her forever.

As Annabeth ran down the hall, she couldn't help but slow down at the one picture the Chase household held of her real mother. In the painting, her mother was looking deep in thought as she sat on her regal throne. She had brown hair and blue-gray eyes. She wore a black toga with a white dress underneath, her gold armour glinting. Annabeth was always drawn to the picture. It was her real mother, afterall.

As she entered the throne room, she saw her stepmother gaze at her with a disapproving shake of the head.

"Annabeth, honey, why are you wearing that dress?"

Annabeth pursed her lips. It belonged to her mothers, and it also fit very snugly. She liked it, because it wasn't too fancy; just a simple black dress. Her stepmom hated it. She always went out of her way so her dear Annabeth 'would learn the true meaning of wealth.' That was merde if you asked her.

"Because I like it, Queen Helen."

Her stepmother glared at her. Then she said, "Frederick, come here, please, sweetheart."

King Frederick walked in. He was a muscular man with blonde hair and gray eyes. He was wearing his army uniform, exactly five medals and many pins across his chest. He was still commander of the Athen army.

"What is it, dearest?" he asked Helena.

"Oh, nothing," Helen said, "shes just wearing that stupid dress."

Her father frowned at her, making her feel small. "Annabeth, go change. I am sure you'll like the dress I have out for you."

This was a common daily routine in the Chase household-her stepmother telling her to do something, her father baking Helen up.

Annabeth was angry. Helena was making her throw away things that were very valuable to her-her real mothers dress! Yet it happened all the time.

Annabeth was tired. Tired of her stepmother's yelling, tired of her father, tired of her mask of polite, tired of her life.

"But-"

"No arguments!"her father said sternly. "Just do it!"

Annabeth did. She ran up to her room, tears in her eyes. Trying to forget Queen Helen's smirk of victory.

She was just so tired. She was so exhausted. Before she could stop herself, her eyes turned heavy and she fell into a dreamless sleap.

---------------------------------------------------------------Line Break-----------------------------------------------------------------

When Annabeth woke up, it was late evening. The scene was fresh in her mind. Most of the days she would just forget about it, but today was different. She wasn't about to get smacked around again like she had today.

Then again, she couldn't fight back. Her stepmother had too much power, especially with Frederick. She hated the fact, but it was true.

"Well," she tought aloud, "I could always escape...by running away."