Once I have everything emptied, I get on my feet and pick up a handful of clothes and set them gently in my new dresser smelling the fresh oak from the woodenholder. I love the smell of wood, especially since this house is surrounded by wooded area.

I remember campfires in the back yard with all my friends and feeling like a wild thing roaming the woods with not a care in the world.

THUMP!

I jump scared as my heart begins to race at the pound that came from my window. Im frozen with fear afraid to what might be waiting for me at the window. I slowly turn around and walk toward the window.

The curtain hides the blood smeared on my window. I look down out the window and find nothing. Hmm? Weird, a bird maybe?

"Blake you okay?" I hear Dad yell up the stairs.

"Yeah, I think a bird hit my window or something." I yell back.

"Oh, I'll check kay?" He yells back leaving me in a shutter.

I calm down at the fright that wasn't a big deal, but made it exactly that. A big deal as I usually do. I laugh at myself childishly. I shake the thought of it out of my mind and continue to unpack once again. FElling yet another edge of someone's presence, feeling that shiver down my spine as wehn I first arrived here. I tighten my sweater close to me trying to comfort myself and shrug the feeling off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So are you all unpacked? Have enough room?" Dad slurps his spaghetti in his mouth when he finishes his sentence.

The kitchen is clean, sink empty, ingredients stashed away in the proper containers and cupboards. It smells like cinnamon and candles. Smells like Mom.

I look down at my plate full of a mixture of noodles, red sauce, mushrooms and onions. Dad was always an over achiever. He looks good, he gained some weight since I last sen him five years ago.

Wow.

Five years wihtout my father. Some kids don't know their Dad. Maybe even their Mom?

Mom.

I miss her.

"Blake?"

I look up and find Dad giving me a worried look like one of my eyes are missing. I blink and make sure they are both there. Yup.

"Yeah, I have room. Not unpacked yet still alot of stuff back at the house so..." I say mumbling to myself.

"Not hungry?" Dad asks quietly.

"Sorry Dad, Im just not feeling good. It looks really good, Im just thinking-"

"About Mom?" He finishes my thoughts.

"Yeah." I manage to squeal out, I find his eyes and tears start to bubble up from his face. He doesn't let them fall, instead he blinks and continures to eat.

"Shes always with us Blake, don't forget that. You remind me so much of her its hard to believe that she is gone." He says it all calm not braking in anywhere. His face goes back to the same way it was when we were driving the blazer here, he was fine. Talkative in the car and now he is back to his old self, trying to hold back his tears just like I have. Im more like him in a way.

"Well, do you want to go into town and get some ice cream, while I do the dishes?" He asks me scooting his chair back making it squeak when it rubs against the wooden floor.