What happened to her? She was fine this morning.

My wolf growled and started pacing around me and I wondered what was wrong with him. He was behaving a little strange these days, especially at night. It was like he was angry and distrustful about something and what that ‘something’ is… I had no clue.

Shaking my head, I continued thinking what went wrong today that had Templar annoyed. I was still confused until I recalled about the arrival of an uninvited guest.

“You don’t have to worry about Reece” I stated calmly.

“I am not worried about him.”

“Then why are you so quiet?”

“Just thinking.”

“About?”

“Nothing important.”

“The Sorority?” I queried. Templar sighed. “You don’t have to meet them at all. I will answer all their stupid questions.”

“I want to meet them.”

“Why?”

“Guilt” she replied and I flinched.

“It’s not your fault” I said quietly and Templar scoffed. I suppressed a growl and almost crushed my fork.

“Look at me” I growled glaring at her. Templar dropped the fork and the knife, looked up but still didn’t look me in the eye. “Eye contact” I said through gritted teeth and then her dark brown eyes clashed against mine. “I know what happened is sad but you and I both have to move on from that.”

“Easy to tell for you but I have to live with it” she snapped and then gulped audibly.

“What does that mean?” I asked in bewilderment.

“I know it’s my fault, okay? I know this would have never happened had I not behaved like a reckless animal” she fumed in outrage and stood up.

Hearing her words, I turned an ashen shade. She was blaming herself. I never thought about it. Honestly, I didn’t blame her because I knew the rogues had caused this. This would have never happened if those pathetic mutts hadn’t baited her.

“Templar…” I called calmly but she shook her head.

“You might pretend to behave it isn’t my fault but that is the truth. I would have never lost this baby had I stayed calm that day” with that said, Templar rushed out.

Dropping the fork, I leaned back in my seat and closed my eyes.

Was I pretending? Did I blame her for losing our child? I asked my wolf who whined softly and rested his head on his paws.