You ran towards it, reaching out your hand again but it disappeared.

"Please! Who are you?" You called as you ran towards the reappearing figure.

"You have to get out." A voice whispered around you. You stopped in your tracks and listened as the sound got louder and louder. It repeated itself, swirling around you and you covered your ears.

"Stop!" You cried as you fell to your knees.

"Leave..."

"Have to..."

"Out..."

You pressed your hands harder against your ears and squeezed your eyes shut. It went on for minutes . It echoed around you until suddenly it was silent.

You hesitantly let your hands fall to the ground beside you. Looking up hesitantly, you were met with empty blue eyes.

"Micah!" You cried as you reached out. Your hand went through him and he gave no reaction to your touch.

"You have to get-" His voice dully started.

"Out!" You cried as you shot up in the bed. Your eyes widened and you tried to regain your breath as you looked around the room wildly. Connor and Aiden sat on the bed, staring at you in worry.

"'Out'?" Aiden asked as he reached a hand out and placed it on yours.

"I-I have to...He said..." You slowly let your thoughts catch up to you and your face paled. "Micah..."

Both princes averted their gaze as you looked at them helplessly.

"H-He isn't..." You felt numb.

"Gone." Connor whispered as he looked at the door frame.

"N-No! You're royalty! You're supposed to have the best doctors! Can't you help him!?" You felt the tears starting to form again.

Aiden turned to you and cupped your cheeks lightly, "No doctor in the world can fix him, dear. It's been a few hours. I'm sorry."

You gripped his shirt as you stared at him, "Aiden...please...please."

He gently pried your hands away and stood up. You stared at him numbly as he walked towards the fireplace, away from you.

"Dear..." Connor murmured, still staring at the door. "I'm not sure if this is what you want to hear right now, but our doctors did perform an autopsy just to make sure blood loss was the only factor...however there was more."

You gripped the sheets of the bed, "W-What else was there..."

He glanced at you and grimaced, "A special type of poison. It's only found in the region south of here. He must've traveled that way and it was somehow given to him."

You shook slightly, "B-But your guards...They-"

Connor shook his head, "The poison wears down the skin, nervous system, and muscle (Y/n). With a lot of physical effort, it can cause deep tears and gashes."

You looked at him dully, "But..."

Connor looked at you sadly, "It wasn't our guards dear. They never made it to him. He brought it upon himself. He knew."

You shook your head violently, "No! You're wrong!"

He smiled sadly and placed a hand on your arm, "Dear. Do you truly think that if Micah ran into our guards, he would've escaped alive? They travel in pairs and he would've immediately been killed. Listen to reason dear."

You looked at his blue eyes, searching for any indication of his lying. You didn't see anything. "...He wouldn't...But..."

"Shhh. Don't overexert yourself." Aiden whispered from beside you, causing you to jump. When did he come back over?

"He wouldn't...leave me..." You trailed off, remembering his expressions.

"Are you sure? It could've been his dying wish to see you one last time." Connor whispered.

"I'm not that afraid anymore. I was afraid I wouldn't make it to see you again...wouldn't see your eyes...your smile"

You balled your hands into fists. He really did mean it.

You glanced outside noticing the orange-ish color of the sky, "W-What time is it?"

Aiden glanced outside and smiled, "Early morning dear."

"The masquerades tomorrow." Connor added as his hand fell away from your face.

"Tomorrow...?" Shock traveled through your body. Where had all the time gone.

Aiden laughed and nodded, "Tomorrow. We'll be together forever then, dear."

You have to get out.

You nodded numbly. Whatever happened tomorrow, you wouldn't be a part of it. You'd be gone, far away from the palace.