Chapter 11: The End

Start from the beginning

This didn't look like St. Jerome's. It looked more like the back of a shuttle.

"When can I go back to my room doctor? My head is killing me." I murmured.

"What are you talking about? You were in a car accident, don't you remember?"

"A car accident?" I asked clueless to what was going on.

My head hurts so badly, I think I'm going to be sick...

Quickly bringing my hand over to my mouth, I sit up on command.

"Whoa, just relax. You're going to be fine. Just get some rest." He calms me lowering my head back to the table. Walking out of the shuttle, he closes the doors.

"He's gone!" Someone shouts.

"What," Another exclaims.

"I left to grab some bandages, and when I came back he was gone!"

"Was this about what he was saying?"

"Why, what did he tell you?"

"He didn't tell me anything, he was talking in his sleep. He kept saying, 'He's coming, he's coming."

I only have enough strength to scoot my hand towards my side. Setting it down immediately, I feel something soft.

Feather soft...

Everything was staring to spin.

"Hey...o...yo...hea...hat...ound...ike...roar...ng..." They remark.

My stomach was churning and my mouth was so dry.

Lifting it up, I can see it's a charcoal-black feather, all around me they're spread out like wings.

Oh god, he's coming.

"Get away! He's going to kill you!"

I couldn't speak. Trying to scream it out I accidentally bite down on my tongue. Sweet blood drips down my throat, my teeth were getting larger, sharper.

Run!

I can't breathe.

Get AWAY!

"Maaaaaaattttthheeeeeewwwwwwww..............."

Why am I so thirsty?

God, I'm so thirsty...

It's only me and Jack. We're inside of a blank room, the same room that represented my state of mind. Peering away from his stained hands, his dripping mouth nauseatingly stitches into a grin. His crimson teeth shining in the florescent light was making my stomach churn and somehow putting my blood to a boil.

"Are you thirsty?" He asks offering a hunk of god knows what, bloody and fresh. Looking closer I can see bits of blue cloth still hung from it, their nametag still in place.

"You sick f-k." I gasped backing away. I was too late.

"What? You treat them as if you were one of them." Jack replies strangely in a normal tone, not like his usual toying voice. He calmly starts flinging the rest of his dinner across the room, splattering red. Watching it dissolve into the floor it left nothing more than a faint pink stain than soon enough returned to its standard white.

"I've lost my appetite."

"What are you talking about?" I snap.

"The humans, I can't understand what you see in them."

"Those were people trying to help me."

"HELP you?" He menacingly chuckled. Jack found my breaking point and was determined to take advantage. "They seemed more like food than friends." My frown twisted into a frightened expression of disgust.