"So what did you want to meet about?"she asked coldly, cutting into whatever Amelia was talking about.

"Excuse me. You know it's rude to just come in like that,"Amelia returned, clearly offended. Sharon was past the point of caring. Past the point of giving her any leeway. She had given her way too much. There was no use doing this to some people. Especially when they didn't feel any remorse or guilt.

"Well, then, I'm sure you know how rude it is to be late to a meeting you set up."

"I'm just a bit late. I had more important things to do."

"Fifty minutes is not a bit late,"Sharon exclaimed, unable to help herself. Her voice resounded in the cafe and all eyes were on her but she didn't care. She was holding herself back as it was. "And I have things to do, too. So cut that crap. Anyway, what were you even doing? Giving birth? If so, you look good for someone who just pushed a baby down her birthing canal. Tell me, is it a boy or a girl?"

"Keep your voice down. No one knows about this."

"Really? That's cute. You think people care? If your own sister doesn't, who else would? But I should feel so honored that you told me. But don't expect any courtesy in return. I work with respect. So if you show me some respect, I'd do the same. But if you don't, I won't. And since you didn't respect my time, please don't be delusional and expect me to respect your secrets."

"Shut up. Just because you're working in an office doesn't mean you know anything about what I do-"

"And just because you're a model doesn't mean the world revolves around you. Now, if you don't mind, please let me know why you came here or we can just end this." Sharon waited. Then when there was no response, she nodded and got up. "I see. Well, thank you for your time but I really have to get back-"

"Sit the fuck down."

"I'd rather get bitten by king cobra than talk to you. At least I know there's an end. Now, good day." Turning to leave, she stopped and gritted her teeth when a hand held her back. Glaring at Amelia, she hissed, "Let me go."

"No. Not until you listen to me."

"Oh, you want to talk now? Great." Sitting down again, she felt relieved when Amelia let go. By now, the entire cafe's attention was on them. Clearly Amelia was greatly affected by it. Her eyes were shifting around, her cheeks were blazing a bright red and she was almost sinking into her seat. Meanwhile, Sharon didn't care. Usually she would but Amelia just pushed her buttons and all embarrassment left her.

"Look, I didn't arrange this to fight-"

"Then you should have been on time."

"Sharon!"she snapped with a glare. Compressing her lips together, Sharon leaned back into her seat. She just wanted to get this done and over with. And she had a feeling that they were finally getting to the crux of the matter. "I just wanted to tell you that Jasmine is inviting you to their wedding-"

"Wow. That's great. And what are you? Her errand girl? Or Mom sic this on you? If so, great. It's like you finally received the approval from Mom that you've always wanted. She's even willing to give you this very important task. So, since you're so close to them, tell her I won't come. And Mom to suck ass."

"Sharon! She's our mother."

"What does that have to do with anything? That just makes it more tragic when we have to cut ties.

"Don't be like that. Anyway, look, Jasmine asked me to do this. She wants the chance to reconcile. Isn't that great? She's, like, your only friend, right?" Sharon had to pause and just look at her. She didn't know whether Amelia had always been this dense. Was her pregnancy affecting her this much? Sighing, she shook her head.