29 (NEW)

"Mr Ballard, I would appreciate it if you can please let me go,"Sharon said through gritted teeth.

She was mad. She was boiling mad. How dared he question her as if she'd done something wrong? As if he had any liberty to do so when he had decided to shack up with some woman without telling her. She hadn't gone all bonkers on him then, like he was now. It wasn't that she didn't want to but held herself back. She had been perfectly aware, and reminded herself multiple times, that they were nothing more than roommates. Close ones but not anything that would prevent them from doing their own things. Or date other people. Or move out, in this case.

But his worst offense was siding with them. How dared he took their side? That was the worst betrayal of all times. And that was the major source of her anger. That was the reason she was so close to losing her cool.

But, as the two of them glared at each other, she reminded herself of what she had done and achieved so far. There had been so much growth and changes. The person she had been when he left and the person she was now were worlds apart. This was not the time to revert back to that woman.

"Mr Ballard, I will not say it again. Please let me go,"she repeated slowly.

"Then tell me where the hell you have been, Ms Ashwood,"he responded, his voice gravelly and low. Which, for some reason, pushed her buttons. Ignoring the shiver of pleasure that ran down her spine, she kept her eyes strictly on him.

"I do not see how this is relevant to your treatment. I apologise that my sister got you involved in this family disagreement. I will speak to her regarding this. But, if it is about work, I can always be contacted via the office. With the treatment, I have spoken to your physiotherapist and he was optimistic about your progress." She had to pause and take a deep breath. It was difficult to maintain her professional tone. It was like she was unravelling just by being near him. "Now, I have to return to my mentor- Ah, ow, Cameron, you're hurting me."

"I-I'm sorry. I'm sorry,"Cameron immediately let go of her before running his hands through his hair. It was clear he was frustrated by her and a part of her enjoyed being so reticent. This was like payback. For all the days of worry when he hadn't contacted her. For leaving it to the media to break it to her that he had moved out.

Even so, a larger part of her wanted to revel in his concern and care. She had missed this. He had been the first person she would go to when there was any problem. Or it was more of him forcing the truth out of her. And even when there weren't any, she could still talk. Share the stories of what happened that day.

But, as she sternly reminded herself, he had a girlfriend. He was happily in a relationship, as evidenced by the displays of affection last week. So she, Sharon, had no business being attracted or entertaining any attraction to him.

"I'm glad you're done with all the Mr Ballard."

"I do not know what you're talking about, Mr Ballard,"she said woodenly, suppressing her smile. Then her heart sank. Just when she had told herself to keep her distance, she did this. It was like talking to a wall. Feeling like banging her head against the wall, she was taken aback by Cameron's next outburst.

"Damn it. Just tell me where you are staying. Is that so much to ask?"he suddenly demanded, striking his fist against the wall. She jumped slightly, shaken. Then concern filled her.

"Cameron- Mr Ballard, you have to take care of yourself,"she reprimanded, even while her eyes searched for any signs of pain. When there was none, her concern turned to anger. "And why does this bother you so much? My resident is not something I share with strangers. And, as mentioned, this is a family thing, something I have to work through with Amelia and Scott. It has nothing to do with you."

"Nothing to do with me? Are you kidding me? And what about all those times that I helped you? Fetched you to and fro work? Brought you out shopping?"