Year 4 - Dolores Umbrige

Start from the beginning

'You disagree?' she repeats while rising her eyebrows a little higher and her gaze becomes colder.

"Yes, in a matter of fact I do. When you read his theorem it seems that Mr Slinkhard isn't a fan of jinxes. But, I think they can be very useful when they're used defensively."

'Well, I'm afraid it is Mr Slinkhard's opinion, and not yours, that matters within this classroom, Miss Potter.'

"Of course, I understand but there are no spells at all in this book. So the first time we will have to use counter-jinxes will be on the exam?"

"If you study the theory really good, you should be able to make it through your exam. Now, start reading the text and if you have already finished it, start reading the rest of the book. All in silence."

-----

Potions is to easy this year. I'm already done when others in my class are still grinding their ingredients.

"Miss Potter, you're already finished?" Professor Snape asks me, but I think I hear some proud in his voice.

"Yes, I am, professor," I answer looking up at him with a smile and I would bet I saw him smiling too.

"Maybe I should class you into a more advanced group. Come to me after class and help your in the meantime."

After class, I go to Snape's office and knock.

"Come in. Sit down, Darcy. I've looked at your timetable and it's impossible to put you in the 5th year class of Ravenclaw but I can put in into the class of your brother."

"That's fine to me, sir."

"No sir here, Darcy. I've already told you that. If we're alone I'm your godfather and I'm really proud of you that you're so far ahead." he adds with a sad smile, "And I'm sure if your mother was still alive she would be too, you know that right?"

-----

Umbridge is now a high inquisitor of the school. She evaluates teachers and can suspend them if they aren't good enough, in her eyes if they're friends with Dumbledore they're bad. My brother is hampered to play Quidditch forever because of Umbridge, he has almost everyday detention where he needs to carve his own hand by writing with a special quill and with all of that Malfoy is baiting him all the time.

"Harry, don't go picking a row with Malfoy, don't forget, he's a prefect now, he could make life difficult for you..." I warn him for the hundredth time.

"Then he should stop making me so angry. He's just asking me to punch him in the face."

"Now something different, I'll be having Potions with you from now on. Snape put me into a more advanced group." I inform him with a huge smile.

"Of course he did, you're his favourite student because he's your godfather."

"Or maybe he did that so I can help you. I know about the D for your Potions task."

"Did he told you that?" my brother asks angrily.

"No, I saw it through your eyes. I become better at mastering the element Spirit." I answer.

"Stop doing that, it's so weird. You never saw me pee, did you?" he asks in panic.

"Ieuw, that disgusting." I hit him and we start laughing. "Hey, where is everybody going?"

"Don't know, let's ask. Cho, you know what's going on?"

"It's Professor Trelawney. She's been suspended by Umbridge." 

We look at Filch who carries the trunks of Trelawney, who is sobbing while Umbridge is just looking at her with a satisfied look.

"Y-you can't do this to me. Hogwarts is my home." Trelawney sobs, McGonagall comes and comforts her.

"Actually, I can. Something you'd like to say, Minerva?"

"Oh, there are several things I'd like to say," McGonagall says at the moment Dumbledore joins.

"Professor McGonagall, might I ask you to escort Sybil back inside?" Dumbledore instructs and the two teachers go fastly back inside.

"Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms of Educational Decree Number 23, as enacted by the minister-"

"You have the right to dismiss my teachers," Dumbledore completes,"You do not, however, have the authority to banish them from the grounds. That power remains to the headmaster."

"For now," is the only thing Umbridge says in her bittersweet voice.

"Don't you all have studying to do?" Dumbledore before going back inside as well.