Part 5

===Mistakes of the past===

Ed was currently walking through Central and showing off. Doing tricks, helping citizens with small and big things, hoping to attract Scar and capture him, removing one of the threats out of the equation. Al was advertising him and his services. Ed couldn't help but chuckle when his brother tried to be cute in a giant suit of armor by spinning around with 2 fans.

"Al, get ready." – Ed whispered as he felt chills.

And soon even his younger brother could see a familiar coat approaching them.

......................................................

Winry was angry and was currently stomping through Central, following the trail her 2 friends had left.

'Geez! Ed is dragged away, no one tells me what's happening and I had to postpone my trip back to Rush Valley! Now he disappears again with Al and doesn't even tell me what's going on. UGH! He's impossible!'

"Kyaaaa! Murderer!" – a woman shouts and runs past her.

"Run away! Alchemists are fighting!"

"Where's the army when you need it?!"

Winry knew it's wrong to run towards danger without anything to protect yourself with, but she did it either way. She rounded a corner and saw a wall. She could tell it was made with alchemy by its looks and how awkwardly popped out of the ground.

"AL! Watch out!" – Ed shouted from beyond the wall.

'Ed?! Al?!' she was surprised for a moment 'I have to get to them!' – was the next thought she got.

She looked around but didn't find gap large enough to go through. She was thinking about climbing over it when a hole was blown through it. Winry closed her eyes and protected herself from the flying dervish by crouching and crossing her arms in front of her.

Clack! Clatter~!

Winry looked towards her left and saw that a gun had landed beside her. Through the clearing dust she saw something terrifying. Ed was in the air and Scar was about to slam his right hand in Ed's chest. She gasps but a small pole emerges from the ground and hits Scar. Ed lands and Al joins him.

"You bastard! Why did you kill them?!" – Ed shouts.

"Who are you talking about?" – Scar looks unfazed.

"Urey and Sara Rockbell! Who else? They saved your life back in Ishval and you killed them!"

Scar's face became grim at those names and Winry gasped loudly. They finally noticed her. Scar's eyes widened a bit and the two brothers looked shocked/scared.

"W-Winry..." (Ed)

Tears streamed down her face as she looked at the man. Red eyes met hers.

"Is it true?" – she asked in a small voice.

No one moved and no one dared to make a sound. In a bout of sadness and blind fury because she didn't receive an answer, Winry quickly snatched the fallen gun and pointed in at the Ishvalan. Tears made her eyes cloudy but she didn't care.

"DID YOU KILL MY PARENTS?! Tell me!" – she screamed at him.

"...Yes..."

"No, don't do it!" – Al shouted.

"Stop it Winry! Run away!" – Ed joined.

Winry didn't drop the gun and continued to glare at the criminal.

"Do it, girl. I admit that your parents died by my hand and that they saved me. So, let me tell you..." Scar turned towards her "...that the moment you shoot at me, you'll also be my enemy and I'll have to kill you. The cycle of hatred won't stop until one side is destroyed, so I give you the choice- go away and live or interfere and die."