Not Supposed To Happen

Start from the beginning

"Thank you." You blushed slightly and put it on his head, "I think the flowers compliment you two."

"Don't I get one dear?" Connor asked as he raised his head to look at you.

You laughed "Of course. I just need to grab more flowers."

You got up and walked over to a small patch and began picking more.

"She's becoming more accustomed to us and hasn't fought much since he's left." Aiden murmured as his fingers brushed the flowers in his hair.

"Emotional crutch. Our work has finally paid off. In two days, everything will be finished." Connor closed his eyes and felt the sun on his face.

"Do you think the child will interfere?" Aiden muttered as his eyes darkened.

"I don't think so. He's got a lot of cowardly qualities and no matter how much he grows attached to her, he won't do anything that would endanger his life."

You walked over with a handful of flowers smiling, "Alright. Now to work on yours."

The brothers smiled and shared a look as you sat down and began creating a crown for Connor.

~~~~

You dismounted and steadied yourself on the ground. You looked back to see Connor hop to the ground and whisper something to Reed. The child nodded and took the horses back into the stable.

"Would you like to go to lunch (Y/n)?" Aiden said as he came up beside you and linked arms.

He started guiding you towards the palace as you nodded your head. Connor came up on your other side and the three of you silently walked back to the palace.

"Your Highness's. Please. A word." A guard said as the three of you came up to the main entrance.

Connor glanced at Aiden before nodding and heading off with the guard. You looked at Aiden questioningly but he just smiled and took you inside.

"What's going on?" You asked as Aiden held the door to the dining hall open.

He glanced at you and shrugged, "Masquerade orders probably. They have to regulate the guests you know."

You nodded as you sat down in your seat. A moment later Connor came through and silently sat down.

"Is everything alright?" Aiden asked.

"There's been talk of unwanted people coming to the masquerade and the guards wanted my directions on how to handle them.

You turned to look at him, "Unwanted people?"

Connor grimaced, "Enemies of ours. You don't need to worry. The guards will take care of them."

You nodded, thinking.

"Anyway. Lets just eat." Aiden said cheerfully as the chefs came out and put dishes of food on the table. You eagerly grabbed at what seemed the best and started eating.

"Alright dear. We'll be seeing to a few complications with the masquerade plans for the rest of the day. Feel free to go to your room or the stable." Connor said as they both stood up from the table.

"O-Oh. Okay!" You smiled and put one more bite of food in your mouth before standing up as well.

"Bye dear!" Aiden waved as they both walked out of the room. You looked up at the ceiling, wondering what you should do.

Reed might need some help or just some company. You thought as you made your way out of the room and down the hall.

Once again, you were outside and walking down the gravel path towards the stable.