Return he did; however, it was entirely the opposite of how any expected it to be. Voronen returned to his mother and sisters as only a body, his spirit in the Halls of Mandos.

And this all served as a pressing anguish in her heart, escape it she could not, for all brought back the memories of her father and brother. To her, she had come so near to beginning life once more, as it had been before Voronwe's death, and as soon as she began to grasp the healing, her brother was taken. Anneth knew it to be beyond her control, and believed in the unfailing wisdom of Eru, but that did not stop her from wishing his presence again. She glimpsed the sorrow that made itself so evident in her mother's countenance, saw the desperation in her youngest sister's eyes, and was troubled.

Her own sadness was so great until she saw her sisters and her mother. Then did she forget herself and instead wept for them. Laineth and Amarwe were younger than she, and Amarwe had not yet come of age. To even imagine that her littlest sister must now face the rest of her immortal life without a father to raise her brought about a gnawing in her stomach.

There is always a purpose, were the words that echoed in her mind, and she lost not faith nor hope, and never forgot the love her father gave. She clung to it, clung to the peace that cannot fully be comprehended and dwelt in the unwavering love of the Father.

The Father who was there when her own was taken, whose love knows no bounds and sees not the outward appearances, but the true heart of his children. When Voronwe no longer could fulfill his duty as a father and his life was stripped from him, Eru remained the master of fate, the only one who continues to unvaryingly guide history.

In all this, she did not fail to remember the promise of reunion, even if it should take ages to come to pass. She would see both Voronwe and Voronen again, embrace her father once more and laugh with her brother as they did before. And though it be painful, she believed in her heart that whatever she endured would change her and make her better.

A time would never come where Anneth did not bring back to mind the sorrows she faced in those days of peace. Looking back upon that time, she could see with opened eyes how she withstood that storm of life on not her own strength. Surely she would have broken from the strain if there was not One who sustained her every breath and carried her through the pain. Her weakness was plain and obvious to her, she was acutely aware of how her own resolve would fail her, yet she remained steadfast because of how His constant hands guided each step and kept her from falling. Although it would have been facile to forget all that she had seen in this time, it would have only brought her back to where she was before braving the tragedy. Before she came nigh to despair, only to be raised up with a stronger hope.

They all had been drawn dangerously near to succumbing to the suffocating poison of despair, and yet eluded it by the mercies of Eru. It would be easy to forget the pain, but to forget the pain would be to forget what He had done. And even as the pain endured, they too could endure, setting eyes upon what was to come and keeping what they had experienced in their memories.