1.My Charming Player

September 1873, a cemetery in the city of New York.People are gathered, while the tomb of Sir Henry Grayson descends slowly carried by some workers of his company.

Jean P.O.V

It was the second time a member of my family left me.It broke my heart to think that I had nobody to support me.My mother died when I was only six years old and my father did now.

I looked around and a feeling of rage filled my chest.

What did all these people here?The only one who had the right to see the grave of my father was me.The only one with my mother who had really loved him, and had been a real family.

I kept looking at people and I could view my stepmother's stuck in my eyes.Olivia was a girl of twenty, who had married my father shortly after my mother died.I had not had much to do with it, always trying to avoid it.With her eyes cold and calculating, together with that she has redhead, I was scared of her since I was quite small.

I suddenly remembered I had to live alone with her, and a horrible cry over me.I covered my face with my hands, avoiding prying eyes and wept bitterly.

In my fifteen years I had lived longer than any of those people and had accumulated more suffering than any of them.

Gradually I felt like I was relaxing and I jumped with the contact arms against my body.

Someone had embraced me.Someone really cared about me.Who was this person?I knew I had no relatives who love me or at least show a modicum of interest as I was after a tremendous loss.

Slowly, I took my hands away from my face and I saw him.

I saw the most notorious man in New York, even for me.A teenager who had no social life, but who loved the social gatherings at home, and to hide behind the door listening to the high society gossip.

James Mallory, brother of my stepmother, who I had never met in person, but knew everything about him.It was the center of discussions of high society: Handsome gentleman, refined manners and possesses a high fortune, of course, endlessly and womanizing heartthrob par excellence.

"Thank you.-I gently wiped my tears away and handed it back.He refused it with his hand and put it in the pocket of my jacket.

"Whenever you're sad, you'll remember me and never will be sad again.-my heart gave a little jump and I laughed spontaneously.

Now all eyes of all the ladies were deposited in my two words conversation with Mr. Mallory.

"Thank you again.

"See you at dinner funeral.-with a nod he went back to where He was initially.

I relaxed by observing that no one was watching me and I turned to my father.I wanted to ask for help to deal with everything that was coming.I Wanted help to lead a happy life in his absence and find someone to make me happy.

And when the tomb was completely out of my sight I closed my eyes, imagining that this was all a nightmare and when it ended my mother would be there in my arms.