his facial expression changing between a confused and sympathetic look. he begins to respond asking me two questions.

"i just want to know who and how long...?" i look up into the emerald pools sitting above his cheek bones almost falling into them, which sends chills throughout my body. i snap out of it and take in a shaky breath.

"my boyfriend.. ashton arbab. around two and a half years.." i continue, "three and a half years of fucking hell. three and a half years living with a monster. three and a half years of feeling so fucking alone." a hot tear rolls down my cheek and johnny lifts up his hand to my cheek, gently wiping off the tear with his thumb, once again, the tingly feeling returning. due to the large amount of water my eye released, when johnny wiped it away it ended up removing the makeup covering the large bruise ashton left on my right eye.

"oh my fucking god kenzie.." johnny observes my injury in horror.  "are there more bruises?" i nod slowly. he gives me a look almost as if he was speaking to me through his eyes, for me to show him.

i stand up and lift up my shirt revealing multiple yellow and purple marks with other small scars.

he stands up beside me gasping, and muttering a small "holy shit" i begin to try to tell him i'll be fine. as he gently examines my stomach.

"kenzie, you need to tell someone!!the police maybe?!?"

"i can't and neither can you. you don't know what this guy is capable of." i pull down my shirt, as johnny sits back down.

"what do you mean? i bet we can get him locked up for life in two seconds! it's just a phone call-" i cut him off.

"johnny.." i pause as he stops "please. let me at least tell you why."

"okay," he takes a deep breath, "okay. i'm listening."

"me and ashton started dating about three years ago. we met because our managers had us start doing covers together..." i took a deep breath. "and eventually after hanging out a few times, ashton asked me out and we began dating," i pause.

i cant believe i'm fucking telling him this

"he was a great boyfriend. i truly thought i loved him. then six months went by and he just lashed out at me. he got mad over me not being in the mood to sleep with him and so he slapped me, but that time he apologized and i forgave him." i look up, checking on the very concerned johnny with his fists clenched, continuing with my story. "which was definitely my biggest mistake.. as it was the first time of many hits," i hold back the tears that are threatening to spill. "on our one year anniversary he asked me to move in. he said he had changed and would never hurt me. i agreed to move in."  i wipe the now unstoppable tears with my hoodie sleeve and go on. "it only went downhill from there. he began raping me whenever he felt like it, " johnny's body tenses up. "hitting me whenever i would speak a-and i tried to run away multiple times.. but it didn't end well at all and now it's been three years of just constant pain." johnny grabs my hand to comfort me. "but that's not even the worst part... my sister had a bad feeling about him from the beginning but i ignored her advice and now she's in danger, everyone i care about is in danger because of me," i choke back the sob trying to escape my throat. "ashton has connections with lots of people just like him but worst, i've met some of them. they are nasty people and are responsible for tons of murders and kidnappings but they have never been caught. he threatens to kill me and everyone who matters to me if i tell anyone. so i haven't. until now..." i look up at johnny. "which i why i wanted you to just forget it at the park, so no one would get hurt.. b-but now i've told you all this...and put you in danger.," i stand up disgusted of myself, backing away slowly  from johnny. "and i've put your family in danger, your friends in danger.." i continue. "oh my fucking god johnny, i'm so so sorry..." i let out the sobs that i was trapping in my throat.

what have i done.

johnny quickly comes over to me, wrapping his muscular arms around my frail body, muttering "it's okay, it's okay" under his breath. as i fall into his embrace more choked up sobs escape. johnny slowly sits down while holding me.

"this is all my fucking fault.."

"no it's not, kenz.."

both of us sitting on the rug in the room, johnny still holding me tightly and brushing his fingers through my soft hair. as i collapse into his touch, still crying, i feel the strange tingles i always feel when he touches me and somehow..

i feel safe.

"it hurts johnny. it hurts so much. i just want it to be over." i choke up.

"it's gonna be okay," he looks down at me in his lap, right in my eyes. "i will get you out of this, i promise you."

...

AUTHORS NOTE
hey y'all sorry for not posting! (i feel like i've said that five billion times oops) and i hope this chapter isn't the worst!! i only scanned over it and edited, i'm hoping there isn't too many spelling mistakes or whatever.. thank you all for reading this book so far! ily alllll very much and hope to become friends with y'all!
xo, E