"Who's Lexi?" Clay asked when she took a breath.

"My friend that I set Nick up with. They had a good time. He's called and texted, but he hasn't asked her out again yet. I want to know why," she said.

"Amanda...I like Lexi, and yes I want to take her out again. I just haven't had a chance to actually ask her yet. I've been busy with some family stuff and things here at the club," Nick explained.

"Okay, just do it soon. She thinks that you're not interested in her, she actually thought that you thought she was easy. We both know that she's not that kind of girl." Amanda replied as she noticed Nick's raised eyebrows.

At that moment, Matt, the contractor showed up to discuss the changes that needed to be made before the inspection.

"We need to focus on the electrical work before we worry about the plumbing. I can get my electrician started on that, then we can bring in the rest of the crew to fix the other issues," Matt explained as he went over the list of problems with Nick and Amanda.

"That works, if we can have the club ready to go before the inspection in a few weeks, it would be great," Nick said.

"Yeah, Amanda mentioned that the inspector was a jerk. I've dealt with guys like that before, but none of them have ever had any issues with my work. Besides, we both know that Amanda is very persuasive when she wants to be," Matt said.

"This is true. How long have you known Amanda?" Nick asked curiously when the woman in question had walked out of the office to check on the workers.

"For a few years, she and Lexi are really close so our families have gotten to know her quite a bit. I heard she set you and Lexi up. How did that go?" Matt asked with a smirk.

"Good, Lexi's pretty great," Nick said.

"Yeah, she is..."

"Ow! Dammit!" rang out from the next room.

"Nick! Matt! Get out here NOW!" Amanda called out.

Both men ran out of the room to find one of the worker's with his hand wrapped in a towel with a nail sticking out of it.

"What happened?" Matt asked.

"I'm sorry boss, I was clearing the nail gun and it jammed, I guess one of the nails hit Manny when it cleared," one of the other workmen explained.

"It's okay Dave, we'll get him checked out," Matt replied.

"We can take him to County General. It's close by and Lexi is working today." Amanda said as she grabbed her jacket on the way out the door.

Lexi looked up from her chair at the nurses station just in time to see Amanda walk in.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" she asked cautiously when she noticed that Matt and Nick were behind her.

"We had an incident with one of the guys on my crew, nail went through his hand," Matt explained.

"Ah, okay. I can have a look at it and get a doctor to come in. Take him back to exam area 1, and I'll be there in a minute." Lex said as she noticed that the injured man had come in with the help of another guy that Lexi didn't recognize.

"You got it, thanks Lex, have I mentioned lately that you're the best sister-in-law ever?" Matt asked with a smile.

"Yes, but it's always nice to hear." Lexi replied as she began to walk back towards the exam room.

"Hi Manny, I'm Lexi, let's take a look and see what we have," she said as she looked at his hand.

"It looks like it's just soft tissue damage, but I will have a doctor confirm that. He won't be able to use this hand for a few days, but after that it should be fine. He will need a tetanus shot and I will clean the hand after the nail is removed." Lexi explained as she noticed that one of the ER docs had joined them.

Meant To Be (A Bitten Story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara