Reunion

Ever After One

~~~~~~

"Yeah," she said, pressing the switch on the new radio things that had just come out, "It's Ayame."

"This is Sokka," a man's deep voice was heard from the other end. "I'm still trying to get a hang of these things." Ayame laughed. "Who's with you right now?"

Ayame looked back. "Uh, Zuko." her eyes met his. Zuko raised his eyebrows.

"So, why are you calling?" Sokka asked. "I'm busy."

"Oh, great," she muttered. "I knew you wouldn't have time for your sister anymore."

"It's not like that-"

"Please take this thing outside if the room," Fire Lord Zuko grumbled. "I'm signing papers and I can't concentrate."

"Boo-hoo," Ayame said, frowning. "This thing is all hooked up and if I take it out I won't be able to talk to him anymore. Trust me, I've done it before." Zuko groaned. "By the way," she added, "you need a haircut, love."

"My hair is fine the way it is," he said.

"It's longer than your shoulders," she pointed out.

"That's how Fire Lord's do it." he persisted.

"Okay, whatever. We've had this conversation before," Ayame put up her hands in defeat. "Even Iroh said you needed one."

"Did you call me so I could listen in on your argument about who's hair is longer?" Sokka interrupted. "I have a meeting in a few minutes."

"Cut them some slack," Katara said in the background. "It's been busy for them."

"Why is it busy?" He asked. "Why would it be busy?" He demanded. The line fell silent. " Oh, my God." He said after a second. "No way."

"What?" Ayame asked.

"Are you-"

"Katara!" Ayame yelled into the phone. "Did you tell him?"

"I sure as heck didn't," she laughed. "He's smart enough to figure it out himself."

"Well, so much for the surprise," Zuko grinned behind her. "Are you still inviting them over?"

"Obviously," she replied. "Sokka, come over tomorrow. And Katara. I'll call Toph and invite her too."

"Are you sure you can call her? Do you want me to?" He asked.

"Just because I'm about to be a mother doesn't mean I need your help calling someone," Ayame scowled. "I can handle myself."

"Right," Sokka laughed. "Of course. We'll be there."

"Okay," Ayame smiled, about to put the phone down. "Bye."

"So, what are you naming it?" He questioned further, not willing to put the phone dow himself. Ayame picked it up again.

"Bye, Sokka," she rolled her eyes.

"Are you gonna name it Sokka after his amazing uncle?"

"Or Katara!" Katara yelled from the back.

"Katara, you've already had your fair share of naming," Sokka said to her. Katara's voice faded away as she exited the room. "You've got two of your own already."

Ayame burst out laughing. "That is very true. And I don't know the gender yet anyway."

"That's Aang for you," Sokka muttered. "Rushing into everything."

Katara's voice returned. "No one rushes. And Aang and I definitely didn't. You all are just really late. What are you, Ayame, thirty?" Katara said, annoyed.

"Not even close to thirty," Ayame interjected. "I'm fine. It's Sokka you should be worried about." Even Zuko laughed at that.

"Someone's at the door," Sokka said.

"It's Aang. I told him to come here after he was done planning that new building with Toph." Katara said. "Oh look. He brought Toph."

"Guess what, Toph!" Sokka yelled excitedly.

"What?" Her voice came through the phone. The line went silent again.

"What are they doing?" Zuko muttered, coming around to sit next to her.

"I know. They're even more excited than you were," Ayame joked. He rolled his eyes, but smiled all the same.

"A bit late, if you ask me," Toph's voice finally came through.

"Now," Katara said, and I could hear her trying to keep her laughter in, "Toph rushed."

"Hey," Toph declared, "Lin and Suyin were worth it. I might not be able to see them, but they're great kids."

"Guys, it's getting late," a fourth person's voice came through. An older, deeper voice. "We'll do the talking when we get there," Aang said. "See you soon, Mei."

"Bye!" She chirped, hanging up. Ayame looked at Zuko. "Well, better start preparing. They're going to be here any sec-" Ayame's eye caught something over Zuko's shoulder. "Ugh," sI told him already," she scowled, walking up and sticking her head out the window. "No bison in the courtyard, Aang! He eats all the tree leaves."

~~~~~~

Book 1.5 is out! Show me how much you love it by giving it a vote or a comment :P

There's no limit to how many chapters this book will have, so it shall forever stay in your libraries! 

Don't forget to comment!