Chapter Ten

Jalena's POV:

I woke up with a joyful spirit and jumped up from by bed. My hair was still in curls after yesterday.

I ruffled my hair, making it fluffier and more bouncing, and put it in a cute messy bun. I went downstairs in my pjs.

My mom was making coffee.

–Morning, Jay.-She said as I kissed her cheek.

–Morning, Mum. –I said as she gave me a cup of coffee. I took a sip. –Thanks. I'm going to go Christmas shopping today. Do you need anything?-I asked.

She started saying some stuff.

-Make a list please.-I interrupted.

She wrote down a bunch of stuff and gave the list.

–Please don't forget anything. –She said. I nodded. I ran up to my room, brushed my teeth, put a little of mascara and powder on, and put on black stockings with a beige sweater dress. I put on combat boots and let my hair loose.

Taking my bag, I put my phone, wallet, and the list inside and went outside to my mom's car. I drove off to downtown and parked in front of one of the malls.

–Welcome to Brad's. May I help you?-A man asked.

–I'm looking for custom necklaces for men.-I said. He gave me a magazine and I looked through it. I saw a tag on which you can write your own message. This is perfect!

-I'd like this one but in navy blue with the message in silver.-I said. He nodded and gave me a piece of paper I had to fill out. I wrote my name, address, phone number, and the message I'd like the tag to have.

–Thank you...-I looked on the name tag the man had.-Devin. –He smiled.

–Have a great day.-He said, after I paid for the tag. I went to other stores and bought random Christmas things and presents for all my friends. I bought the stuff Mom needed and went home at seven in the evening.

***

–Honey, I made dinner. Are you hungry?-Mom asked. I shook my head. I only had coffee today, and for some reason I don't want to eat. That is odd. I went upstairs with my bags and had to go downstairs and upstairs about ten times.

I started packing the presents for my mom first, so she wouldn't see, and continued packing the others. I had about fifty of white boxes with a Christmas card and a crystal angel with bells coming from the inside of the "dress" inside.

There was a golden bow on top of the angel, to hang it on the wall or on the ceiling. It looked super cute. I spent $3,430 on them; they were for the members of Daniel's family.

After packing everything I bought, I put all eighty- six boxes inside my closet. I just have to pick up Daniel's present in three days. Exhausted, I plopped on my bed and fell asleep.

***

Ding! Dong! I groaned.

Why can't Mom open the door?

I stretched and yawning, I went to open the door.

–What do you need at seven in the morning?-I asked before looking at the person.

–Well, hello, to you too, Jalena. May I come in?-Isabella asked. She stood there with an annoying smile in her white blouse tucked in beige pants. Her black heels peeked from her pants.