-one

"You'll have the best time of your life! I know i've made all of my best memories in university." I smile at my mom, despite how nervous i actually was. I look back out the window, staring at the same scene of trees over and over again. Before i even realized, we had made it. We drive through the campus, pausing at a red light. Doing what any curious student would do, I eagerly look around the campus, my eyes particularly catching something. I look at him deeply. His hair lay messily above his face, and his beautifully built body was still. I find my finger nail between my lips, biting on them gently; a terrible habit that i've had for ages. But this time it wasn't out of habit, but out of sexual frustration. He was talking to someone, a suitcase in his hands, making his muscles flex under his shirt. He turns his head, and we make eye contact for a split second before the light turns green and we were off. "Y/n?" my mom asks me. "Huh?" i say, quickly turning back to her. "This is it right?" She says, pulling over. I clear my throat. "Yep, looks like it." We get out the car and she opens the trunk, pulling out my two suitcases and back pack. We haul my stuff into my dorm room. The other half of my dorm was already set and decorated by another person, but the room itself was empty. My mom and I begin the set the bed, and we move some of my school stuff onto my desk. "So i guess this is it?" She says. "Why are you acting like you're about to die or something?" I say to her teasingly. "I'm just gonna miss my little girl." She says, tears in her eyes. I mean i could understand why, it had always just been me and her ever since my dad passed away when i was 3. We had gotten Bo, our dog, but the absence of my dad was still there. "Hey, you have Bo, and the neighbour hood! Don't get all emotional on me, you're gonna make me cry!" She wipes away her tears and pulls me into a hug. Killing the mood, the door swings open, and a short curly haired girl was standing in the door way. "Omg i'm so sorry." She says, proceeding to close the door. "No no, you're ok, come in!" My mom says. Cheeks red, she opens the door and walks in, a basket full of toiletries in her hands. "Hi i'm y/n, i'm assuming you're my roommate?" I say. "Yea i am." She says, resting her basket on her bed. "I'm Gabbie." she says with a cheeky smile. I had a feeling i would like her. "Awesome! i'm gonna get out of your hair now. Have an amazing time sweetie. Stay out of trouble!" she says, making her way to the door and closing it behind her.
—a couple hours later
Gabbie and i had unfinished packing, and we were now in the dining hall downstairs, getting dinner. We sat next to each other and began talking, just getting to know each other like we had done the past couple of weeks. As she was informing me about how she won prom queen in her senior year, my attention was quickly caught to the boy i had seen earlier in the car. This time he was carrying a tray, not a suitcase. I watched as he walked to the table with a bunch of boys and sat down. Before diving into his meal, he turns around and we make eye contact. I swear i was lost in his eyes before Gabbie shook my arm. "Hello are you even listening?" She says with a laugh and takes a bite into her apple. "Yea, yea of course." I assure her. "No you were not, you were totally checking out that hottie with the blonde hair." She says with a grin. "I was not! i just saw him on the drive here and i was curious. That's all." i say. "Curious huh?" she says, dragging out the "cur" in "curious." "Yea." I say, turning red and fiddling with my pasta.
authors note: hi! this is my first ever post on here and ngl it took me awhile to figure out😂 i hope you enjoyed this episode and i look forward to continuing this series:)