"KAYC, I CAN FEEL IT."

"sean this is huge! okay okay uh try to wiggle your toes now. envision your toes moving and it will happen."

sean focused and concentrated on his foot. after a while and after struggling for a bit, his toes started wiggling.

they both chuckled relieved, and had their mouths wide open in a smile.

"sean! you did it! you've gained feeling and movement in your leg." kaycee went up to hug him tightly. sean inhaled her scent and let out a content sigh.

"thank you so much kayc. this wouldn't be happening if it wasn't for you."

she let go to look at him and give him a kiss on the cheek. "that was all you sean. i'm so glad i'm part of this journey with you." she said and held his face in her hands.

sean smiled and leaned in to kiss her forehead. this wasn't the first time they've showed affection to each other this way, but it's not an often occurrence and it gives each other butterflies when it does happen.

"AMARI. BAILEY. guess what?!"

"what what what?!"

"is everything okay?!"

"sean can move his toes and his leg responds to stimulation."

"OH MY GOD REALLY?"

all 4 of them started to hug each other and celebrate this huge milestone.

"okay okay we have to do something to celebrate this huge accomplishment." kaycee suggested.

"agreed. except i can't today because i have a date with josh." bailey said.

"WHAT?" both sean and kaycee yelled out surprised.

"so you're the reason josh said he was 'too busy' today. i hope you guys fun." said sean as he wiggles his eyebrows.

"but not too much fun." teased kaycee.

"gosh okay guys ew. let us know what you guys want to do this time around okay? bye love you guys."

"bye bails. and i have to go back to my patient, but congrats sean i'm so proud of you." amari said as they did their handshake then he left.

"my parents are on a date night and julian has class so it's just us."

"awe well we can do something another time. i'm just happy i was able to witness this happen."

"uh haha kayc, i was wondering if we could go celebrate together. after all, you're the reason why i'm here today so there's no one else i'd rather be with right now." sean smiled tenderly at her.

"oh is shamu asking me out?" she joked.

"yes, i am."

kaycee was surprised at his blunt answer. but was quick to smile back at him.
"then i would love to."

____________________________