road trip :D

Hello! I am sorry for the late update, I had some problems and things I had to deal with. Do expect this week's update sometime around Friday or Saturday. And I will start adding art I make of the lads as an apology for the inconsistent uploads.

Thank you for your understanding!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jay

It felt like hours that you were on the highway.

The sky had shifted peacefully into a deep blue, almost purple. The sky was faintly cloudy and the highway was void of other cars.

Everything except that car that has been following you for hours. 

"Jay?" You say in a worried tone as you look in the side mirror. 

"I know, Y/n. Don't worry. I promise that nothing is going to happen to you." It wasn't you who you were scared about. 

You had finally drilled it into Jay to take better care of himself. And while he was showing signs of improvement, you knew from the bottom of your heart that he could not take on anyone in his current state.

You nervously fidget with the hem of your shirt as you look back at the mirror. The figure in the driver's seat was hard to make out. Even the person in the passenger-side was hazy.

What wasn't hard to make out was the arm making its way out the passenger side window. Or more importantly, the gun in its hand.

"JAY!" You said. FIngers already digging into the material of the seatbelt. 

"HOLD ON TIGHT!" He says before he whips the wheel to one side. Causing the car to turn suddenly to the right. 

The sound of gunshots fills the air, its only competition being the hum of car engines and the screech of tires. 

Jay drives the car off the highway via the next exit. Of course, the other car takes pursuit. 

The car makes it onto the surface drive but you don't slow down your pace. If anything, you pick up speed on the barren roads. Your right hand held onto the handle while your left gripped firmly on the dashboard.

The car drove like a bat out of hell, gliding and drifting around corners and backroads to tey and shake whoever was behind you.

 You could feel your breathing speed up as the car did. You had just reached a long straightaway surrounded by trees on either side of the road. The light from the headlights behind you had not appeared yet, meaning that they hadn't caught up yet.

Jay got an idea when he saw the billboard. It was one of the low ones that were closer to the ground. He slowed down slightly and make a right to position the car behind it before shutting the car off and turning off all the lights.

The two of you duck down and wait. The sound of tires on the pavement was horrifying, causing you to grab for Jay's hand. Holding your eyes closed tight as the sound grew louder, then softer until eventually, it wasn't there anymore.

The two of you were hesitant to sit up and look at the road. Your breathing was labored as the adrenaline still coursed through your system. 

The silence was eventually broken by Jay.

"I told you I would keep you safe."

Alex

It felt like hours that you were on the highway. 

The sky had shifted peacefully into a deep blue, almost purple. The sky was faintly cloudy and the highway was void of other cars.

Alex sat behind the wheel, his eyes focused on the open road. The exit he needed was a long way ahead. He lets out a deep sigh before glancing at you, asleep in the passenger's seat.