Chapter 2 - Upside Down

You had sat up quickly, looking around the room. "Where's my parents, Ayl?"

  "Well, y-you're dad is in surgery and your mom is at home. My brother is getting us some coffee right now, though"

  You couldn't believe it. You could potentially lose your own dad and your mom was just at home? Why isn't she here with her own daughter, for goodness sake?

  Just then, a woman in a clean white coat walked into the room, smiling at the sight of you. "You're very lucky to be alive, Miss Williams."

  She pulled a chair close to the bed and grabbed the clipboard from the end of the bed.

  "Tell me how you feel."

  You laid back onto the pillows, "a bit dizzy, actually. I have a horrible migraine, too.."

  She wrote something down, then looked back up at you. "That's perfectly normal," she said, smiling. She was very beautiful, and she looked super young.

  "Can you tell me anything about my dad?"

  She sighed quietly and set the clipboard on the bed. "We're not sure he's going to make it. He was near death when we got him out of the car, and you were blacked out.

  "We were able to get you out without any complications, but it was very difficult to get him out," she finished, adjusting her glasses. "He would be very lucky to wake up after this surgery."

  "Did you tell my mom the same?" You asked, fiddling with fingers.

  "Of course. I told her before we even started the surgery."

  At that moment, your heart shattered. How dare she leave when both her husband and daughter need her?! What is she thinking?

  You looked at Ayliana. You wanted to cry. You wanted to help somehow, but you could barely move because of how much pain you were in.
You turned to look at the nurse, but she had already left the room.

  "My brother Payton is here. He insisted on driving me over here right when he heard about what happened," she said, sitting in the now empty seat beside the bed.

  At that moment, a boy you had never seen before had walked into the room. His hair was light brown and curly. He handed a cup to Ayliana, then smiled at you, "Welcome back, sleeping beauty."

  You knew he looked familiar, but you can't remember where you had seen him. All you knew about him was that he was the most beautiful human being you had ever seen.