Chapter 06: Training

[THIRD PERSON] 

[Location: The Court Of Owls]

[9:56 AM]

"Again."

His drillmaster was relentless. Talon gasped for breath as he went to repeat the action with his sword for what seemed to be the hundredth time.

Even he had limits however, and his body went sprawling over the cold floor of the training room slicked with his own sweat.

"Are you giving up Grayson? Is that all you really have?" Talon wanted to scream that he wasn't done, that he could still train. That he could still pick up his sword. All that came out were his raspy breaths and the blood that trickled down his chin.

Talon could barely breathe and he was expected to still pick up his sword. A cruel smile crosses the drillmaster's face as he looks down at his student. His student that even in his current state still wanted to prove his use to the Court. 

"You may rest. I can see you clearly don't have it in you today." The mocking tone to his voice was subtle but enough to get Talon riled up. Talon gritted his teeth, he was not useless and he would show this stupid drillmaster that. 

Slowly Talon's hands closed around the hilt of the sword, each finger moving painfully. Staggering to his feet with a fair amount of effort Talon brought the sword back into position. He was ready to fend off whatever the drillmaster threw at him. It would be done painfully but he would do it. 

"That's it boy!" The drillmaster gleefully shouts as he brings his own sword up and engages the wary Talon.  

Talon lets out a snarl and blocks the first attack, the opposing sword coming rather close to his face and just barely avoiding loosing an eye. He slid his sword down towards the hilt and the metal bit into skin, forcing the drillmaster to yelp and let go of his sword. 

Talon stared at the man unnervingly with dead blue eyes. 

With the drillmaster unarmed Talon felt the urge to finish it. It wasn't often that he felt motivated to kill without an order but here he was. Before he knew it he blacked out. 

When he woke next he was still in the training room, standing in front of the former drillmaster's corpse and blood on his blade. A drop dripped to the floor and instead of feeling sickened by what he had done as so many did he simply wiped the sword off with a nearby cloth before sheathing it again. 

Talon groaned. He would undoubtedly get in trouble for this irksome development, this was the second one he'd killed this year after all. Training would just get harsher until they found another more qualified teacher for him. 

Which meant he now had to explain to his grandfather how the hell this mess happened. It would be a lot of work that was for sure. But he was sure that they wouldn't punish him too bad, he was more under control than Grayson was. This was his first incident in months. Grayson had incidents weekly or sometimes even daily. 

He would be alright.

- - - -  

Somewhere else in the world the young hero's trained in a much kinder environment... An environment filled with love and lifelong friendships.

As they trained they felt like there was something that they should remember but their minds were blank. They shrug this feeling off, not wanting to bother their teammates with it. If only they had asked, for it might have triggered a memory of the existence wiped from their minds.

[657 words] 

a/n i will most likely be making a better cover in the future as annoyingly enough, in the span of a month or so that's just how much my styles changed in my art i'll most likely post old cover as a picture in a chapter once i make a new one

:D rip me :D

also sorry for small update