“Raion you can put me down now.  I can walk in myself” Jun croaked his voice rough and gravelly.  He wiped at the blood that covered his face. A faint blush of embarrassment crept up Aiko’s cheeks.  He looked away trying to ignore Jun  movements as he gingerly touched his lips. But not before he noticed the bruising on his knuckles and hands. Jun most have at least got in several punches before they overpowered him.  Actually he was surprised he was even conscience.  It was a relief. He moved to put him down, trying to let him regain some of his dignity.  Jun leaned heavily against wall beside the door.   His breath was coming out in huffs, and pain was clearly etched on to his face.

“T-thanks.” He stuttered as he handed the coat back.  Akio took it and just nodded, watching cautiously, waiting in case he fell to the ground.  

“I think you might need to see Sensei Sasaki.” He said.  Jun stood up straighter and pressed a hand up to his the top of his head and winced.

“Do you think he could stitch this up.” he asked

“Yeah, come on, his is the first office.” Akio answered as he moved to open the door. Jun took a couple steps before he began to collapse. Akio caught him. Jun was clearly too weak to walk and was undoubtedly in a immense amount of pain.  But still he tried to move away and keep going on his own.  Akio had to catch him again. He was beginning to think Jun might be too concerned with his own pride. It was probably the first time he had ever seen anything resembling a flaw  in Jun.

“No one will think less of your for accepting help when it’s offered.” He said quietly.  Jun stared at him surprised, obviously not used to ever needing help.  He nodded stiffly and Akio lifted him into his arms once again to carry him down the hall.  

              Within in seconds of Jun cradled to his chest, Akio almost choked on the overpowering wave that hit him. He cleared his throat with a cough trying to breathe again.This was most definitely not his imagination, breathing just brought it in deeper. It was so strong but still light, airy, and faintly sweet.  It was almost driving him crazy. It was so familiar and his brain went into to overdrive trying to pin it down. Wildflowers, mountain breeze, forest trees, sunshine, spring meadows just after the rain.

 Honeysuckle.

             The sweet gentle smell of honeysuckle.  He finally figured it out. It was soothing, beautiful, and disturbing. He froze almost mid step, it was a scent that had always stuck with him.  Why did Jun smell like it now? But there was more, so much more. His heart flopped and his brain stopped. He was so dumbstruck by it he almost dropped Jun.  He couldn't stop the slight groan as he wondered why it took so long to figure out. Maybe he should just hold his breathe and stop using his nose.

“I’m ss...sorry Raion, you must be tired after carrying me for miles.” Jun said through his heavy breathing, as he obviously thought Akio wasn’t moving because he was actually having trouble carrying Jun.  He didn’t bother trying to correct him even though the weight of Jun’s thin frame was practically negligible.

“I’m alright, it’s just right here down the hallway.” he replied gruffly.  He had absolutely no desire to explain to Jun that he had suddenly developed the distinct scent of a woman

The medical office door was open and Makoto was already in there being treated by Sensei Sasaki.  The whole of his left calf was sporting a wrapped bandage.  Worried his pride brother had been attacked by protesters Akio momentarily forgot Jun in his arms.  

“Makoto! What happened?” He asked more tersely than he intended.

“Oh I’m fine, Sho ran into me at practice. For a shy little guy  he’s a beast of the field…..What the Hell Akio!” Makoto shouted in surprise when he finally looked up and noticed Jun.  “What’d you do? Get carried away at practice?” He asked.  Sensei quickly finished Makoto bandage and motioned for Aiko to place Jun on one of the other beds.