Chapter Sixty-Five

Start from the beginning

"I'm good" I tuck my hands into the sleeves of Ross's hoodie. The piece of clothing hides my bump well, especially when being out of the bus and in public.

"How long have you got left?" Sav ask, her eyes darting to the floor. I can tell this is a touchy subject for her because I've hardly spoken to anyone about my pregnancy, except Ross and his family. Obviously I see Brandon and Savannah on a regular basis but I hardly talk to them.

"10 weeks" I sigh, shifting on the couch. My back is still killing me and this baby is kicking non-stop and I have no idea how I'm going to last for another seventy days.

"Wow" She smiles, an extremely fake smile. I know some people are uncomfortable knowing that someone is eighteen and about to become a mother.

"Don't pretend you're comfortable" I giggle, seeing her shoulders relax slightly.

"I understand it's weird for people, it's kind of why I stay away" I shrug.

"It's weird because you have stayed away, one minute you had a flat stomach and the next minute you are pregnant. I've known you for a while now Edie" She says and I realise she's right.

"Sorry" I groan and sweep my hair away from my face. "I don't mean to hide away but I feel like I have too"

"Why?"

"Because, I'm going to be a mother at eighteen, I'm going jeopardise Ross and his family and I just don't want anyone else to witness my failure"

"Failure? You're not a failure, you're doing something a little earlier in life. And anyway it's takes two to tango" She winks and I burst out laughing.

"It's good to see you laugh" A familiar voice sounds from behind me. It takes me a moment to realise the vibration of the music has stopped and the show is over. I turn around and very sweaty looking Ross is leaning against the doorway while everyone else pours into the tiny dressing room.

I smile over at him and he pushes himself away from the door frame and over to me.

"I spoke to my Dad" He whispers kneeling in front of me.

"He said we can stay in a hotel tonight"

"What?" My mouth is a gape and I look around the room in sight of Mark.

"I told him about your back pain and since we're staying in a hotel tomorrow night as well, he wanted you to be as comfortable as possible"

"Really?" I'm shocked, Mark has avoided me as much as he can recently.

"Of course" He smiles. "He cares about you babe, even if he doesn't show it that well" He finishes his sentence in a whisper as Mark walks into the room.

"Now grab your things" He winks.

"Right guys we're staying in a hotel a few blocks down, so we'll leave in about an hour so hold out on showers okay?" He looks over at me and gives a small smile, before walking over to Stormie.

Maybe this is the start of a new chapter in mine and Ross's journey.

...

"See isn't this better?" I smile. "Our own room, with a double bed, our own shower, room service and we have the choice on what we want on TV"

I sat in the middle of our bed, crossed legged which Ross walked out of the bathroom.

"You mean what you want on TV" Ross smirks, picking up a pair a basket ball shorts while a white hotel towel hung low on his hips.

"Exactly"

"Well we agreed to tour before the baby's due, otherwise who knows what would've happened" After changing into his shorts, Ross joins me on the bed, stealing the remote from my hands.

"Hey!" I try and reach over but he holds it up in the air. If I wasn't pregnant right now I would tackle him down for it.

"Come here" He leans back against the mounds of pillows, opening up his arms. I move myself up the bed and lean my head against his bare chest.

"How are you feeling?" He asks, letting his snake around my waist and place his hand on the side of my bump.

"Better" I sigh, relaxing further into his arms. Times likes these are the ones I cherish the most.

"Your back okay?"

"After that bath, yes" I close my eyes and feel Ross's finger trace shapes over the piece of clothing covering my stomach.

"Good" He says. "I need you to be okay Edie"

"Why?"

"Because if you're not okay then I'm not doing my job" I look up at him and his eyes are on the screen, but he's not concentrating on the show, his mind is somewhere else.

"You don't have to make it your job" I sigh, and I feel his arm tighten around me. "I'm a big girl, if something happens I can take care of myself. But you being there makes me less scared about the world"

"Don't say that" He finally looks down at me. "I can't think straight if I know you're not okay, Tonight's show I was actually taken away with the music and enjoyed myself because I wasn't worrying about you being on your own on that damn bus"

"What?" I sit up and Ross gives me a confused look. "How can you say that?"

"Because it's true?"

"Wow Ross, way to make me feel good about myself" I swing my legs over the side of the bed and steady myself before standing up.

"What do you mean?" He sits up himself but doesn't move from the bed.

"You have no idea how I feel about any of this do you? You think I just sit on that bus to make you worry all night?" I slip on my shoes and I see Ross's eyes widen.

"You're okay you know. You don't have to deal with this" I point at my stomach. "You don't have to watch yourself get bigger everyday, you don't feel this life inside of you move, you don't have to deal with the emotions and the pain to know that I'm ruining everything you've worked for!"

By this point my tears are hot and wet from my tears and my breathing is heavy.

"Don't try and make me feel bad for something that I can't control! I'm scared out of my god damn mind and staying on that bus, away from anyone who can hurt me or this baby makes me feel better"

"Why do you think everyone is out to hurt you?" He shouts back. "Stop thinking like that!"

"I don't know why I feel like that! I just do! I'm afraid of everything!"

"Well you shouldn't be" He spits back. "I take care of you, everyday and yet you're still afraid of the world"

"I'm not explaining myself anymore Ross. You don't understand, you never will!" I start walking towards the hotel door and I hear him remove himself from the bed.

"Where the fuck are you going?"

"To talk to someone who might actually understand how I feel, and then get then to try and talk some sense I into you"